Obama in Berlin

ib1yysguy

Look at the people who showed up to see him speak. He's going around shaking hands afterward and it looks like he's handing out food rations to starving people. They're that excited to touch the guy.

It's so refreshing to see world citizens applaud an American leader overseas.

I LOVE OBAMA! He was wearing jeans behind the podium, an undisclosed source tells me.

Are you sure there wasn't some German rock band that played before the Obama speech and the people got confused and think Obama is a German rocker, not an American presidential candidate, and that's why they're all excited and stuff?

Yeah, because they have always shown the most awesome and reliable method in choosing the leaders they all desperately want to hear and gather in large groups to cheer.

Didn't you guys cry foul every time someone drew a not-so-vague Hitler reference last time Bush ran for office? At least then it made sense.

McCain had lunch at a German restaurant and ate some German sausages.

Anyone want to venture a guess which event had better visuals? Obama delivering a great speech to throngs of people waving American flags or McCain chomping on Bratwurst?

I'm beginning to think that the McCain campaign is being run by an Obama plant. They can't really be that bad.

Whats amazing is how well McCain is doing despite the poor campaigning and his lack luster as a candidate. It's incredible this race is anywhere near close.

Yeah, because they have always shown the most awesome and reliable method in choosing the leaders they all desperately want to hear and gather in large groups to cheer.

Hitler was a bad idea. However, I doubt Hitler would've run on a left wing campaign of hope and change. Good leaders can sometimes be dangerous but it's not like Obama is an adamant believer in ethnically cleansing the land of undesirable minorities.

Didn't you guys cry foul every time someone drew a not-so-vague Hitler reference last time Bush ran for office? At least then it made sense.
I wasn't really referring to Obama, I was referring to using the method of the German's capacity to cheer in large crowds isn't necessarily the best method of leadership selection.

Hitler was a bad idea. However, I doubt Hitler would've run on a left wing campaign of hope and change. Good leaders can sometimes be dangerous but it's not like Obama is an adamant believer in ethnically cleansing the land of undesirable minorities.
That is exactly what he ran on. What do they teach kids in school nowadays?

I don't think Obama is Hitler, that comparison is silly. I was just commenting on the "If Berlin likes him then so do I."

I'm not trying to take away from the obvious support Obama received today but in a sports related way it's like he's the back-up quarterback who they often joke is the most popular player on the team. Bush is the starting quarterback who everyone wants to see replaced as they clamor for the back-up. Of course we don't really know how the back-up will do but we just want the starter out.

Clinton was very well liked by Europe when he was elected but through decisions such as in Bosnia and Kosovo the Europeans even got upset at him (and America). They love Obama today and will love him when he is elected but ultimately he'll have to make some decision during his Presidency will not be popular with the Europeans and the old anti-American feelings will rise again to the surface.

McCain had lunch at a German restaurant and ate some German sausages.

Anyone want to venture a guess which event had better visuals? Obama delivering a great speech to throngs of people waving American flags or McCain chomping on Bratwurst?

I'm beginning to think that the McCain campaign is being run by an Obama plant. They can't really be that bad

:lmao:

_44861047_crowd466_grab.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7523892.stm

I disagree with that characterization. His wife is 15 years younger than him and his children have had no children. Therefore he is merely a 72 year old father.

Back