Obama on the issues

WRL

Well...the right is right
I've compiled a list on Obama's record so far, and where he stands on the issues, and while it certainly represents 'change' I thought it would be a good chance for the Obama supporters to defend what and why they support him so much. So Obama supporters what about Obama's record do you support so vigorously?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Here is a video where Obama claims he will cut funding for our missile defense shield, slow the development of future combat systems, and leave the nerve center of American communications, and defense, our satellites, and everything that flows through them, vulnerable. Oh and to the 'I'm the only canidate to have opposed this war from the start' remark.

Here's a quote to chew on of Obama's from 2004 seems

“On Iraq... There's not much of a difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage. The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute.”

— Chicago Tribune, 07/27/04

Obama also claims he will withdraw from Iraq, but at the same time he say's he'll bomb inside Pakistan without their consent? This can only lead to broader war, or a complete overthrow of a government that has Nuclear weapons. Either way the US loses.

Obama said if elected in November 2008 he would be willing to attack inside Pakistan with or without approval from the Pakistani government, a move that would likely cause anxiety in the already troubled region.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0132206420070801
I'll let you decide if reducing America's technological advantage on any battlefield, or withdrawing from one engaged front, to start a war is a good idea or not, I personally can't think of a more disastrous move.

Well what about other issues...

National Journal is out with its ratings of the votes of the members of the Senate, and it has found that the most liberal senator in 2007 was Barack Obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/31/politics/horserace/entry3775451.shtml
Obama Record May Be Gold Mine For Critics

Eight Years As State Senator Were Full Of Controversial Votes, Including Abortion And Gun Control

Obama voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive.

Obama argued the legislation threatened a woman's right to abortion by defining the fetus as a child.

"It would essentially bar abortions because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this was a child then this would be an anti-abortion statute," Obama said in the Senate's debate in March 2001.

Obama may also find himself fielding questions about his actions outside public office, from his acknowledgment of cocaine use in his youth to a more recent land purchase from a political supporter who is facing charges in an unrelated kickback scheme involving investment firms seeking state business.

Obama's Connection With an Accused Political Fixer Raises Questions

Obama was known in the Illinois Capitol as a consistently liberal senator. He had a 100 percent rating from the Illinois Planned Parenthood. Obama regularly supported gun-control measures, including a ban on semiautomatic "assault weapons" and a limit on handgun purchases to one a month.

He also opposed letting people use a self-defense argument if charged with violating local handgun bans by using weapons in their homes. The bill was a reaction to a Chicago-area man who, after shooting an intruder, was charged with a handgun violation. Obama occasionally supported higher taxes, joining other Democrats in pushing to raise more than 300 taxes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/politics/main2369157.shtml
Wow, there's quite a bit so far, I may not agree with it, but Obama got to a great start as the 'Red State' canidate? How's that coming?

Obama has suggested working class people are 'bitter' about their economic circumstances and "cling to guns and religion" as a result.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D901DHUG0&show_article=1
And last but not least, the 2nd Amendment.

Obama voiced support for the DC Gun Ban on handguns, which is scheduled to be heard by the Supreme Court next month.

“The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can’t initiate gun safety laws to deal with gang bangers and random shootings on the street isn’t born out by our Constitution,” Obama said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...campus-shooting-in-home-state/comment-page-2/
Well there's a short list for you, these positions seem extreme to me, so I'd like to hear how these positions are not extreme, and why people who may think these are extreme positions as well, should vote for Barrack Obama.

-

Just a quick observation, we bombed Pakistan shortly after his statement and we didn't get CONSENT, we just advised them we were going to do it. And it worked!

Our actions inside Pakistan have been with the knowledge of the Pakistani Government. We can't start dropping bombs randomly.

Our actions inside Pakistan have been with the knowledge of the Pakistani Government. We can't start dropping bombs randomly.
I agree we inform them we are going to bomb sites in their country but we DO NOT give them veto on those actions and that is what Obama was talking about as well.

Then perhaps he should have left the 'without their consent' part out.

I agree we inform them we are going to bomb sites in their country but we DO NOT give them veto on those actions and that is what Obama was talking about as well.

If we're talking about OBL then I can agree with that, not to much a fuss would be made if OBL's body was pulled out the rubble, but he made no such distention, a rookie mistake, one of many, and radnom bombings in this perilous time, well lets just say we don't need a President on an internship.

Oh my all the tough talk around here and not one Obamabot can defend the man's record?

Oh my all the tough talk around here and not one Obamabot can defend the man's record?

I am an Obamaton, not an Obamabot.

As for defending his record, why should I bother? You obviously aren't interested in debating on the merits.

I'd ask you to defend McCain's record but since he's been on both sides of every issue I'm not sure how to do it.

Number one liberal in the Senate? Wow, thanks willie. I feel better about voting for him now. I kinda of thought he was to close to DLC policy positions. gracias!

I think you're rankings are a tad effed up though. There's no a chance he's more liberal than Bernie Sanders or Ted Kennedy.

Just a quick observation, we bombed Pakistan shortly after his statement and we didn't get CONSENT, we just advised them we were going to do it. And it worked!

So is that an Obama 'thang'? To just impose our will, regardless of what is said? Wouldn't that be cool, holding 'no preconditions talks' then doing what the f we want. :rolleyes:

Here ya go Willie:

Missle Defense Shield: Who gives a crap? That's been the biggest corporate boondogle and wasted of taxpayer money (other than iraq) in the last 30 years.

Fetuses: Don't care. But, in reading your link, Obama voted against it on constitutional grounds because it would have defined a fetus as a person. Thereby laying the groundwork to outlaw a woman's right to choose. Which is really what the cons were after all along in that legislation.

Iraq: Don't make me laugh. The choice between Obama and McCain (100 years is fine by me) is crystal clear. The contrast couldn't be more stark.

Liberal voting record: Thank God.

Handguns in DC: Don't give a crap.

Pakistan: This has been debated and dispensed with. We're already bombing targets in Pakistan, on actionable intelligence. I trust Obama to be more judicious and prudent in not blowing up innocent people than Mr. Shock and Awe McCain.

Where are the Obamaholics and the Obamabots? I know that we have some of each on the board.

I don't know if Onceler will agree with me, but I think he's been and Obamabot for quite a while. (just teasing onceler if you read this).

I don't know of any heavy, heavy drinkers on the board except for Cawacko. Maybe cawacko is a McCainoholic?

I don't know if Onceler will agree with me, but I think he's been and Obamabot for quite a while. (just teasing onceler if you read this).

I don't know of any heavy, heavy drinkers on the board except for Cawacko. Maybe cawacko is a McCainoholic?

Battleborn always drinking.

Back