Obama pulling away

Onceler

At least in what I consider to be the 2 most accurate polls:

Gallup - 50%-42%
Rasmussen - 50%-44%

With early voting, McCain's campaign is going to be desperate in the next couple of weeks. He's going to throw a few hail mary's, but ultimately, the only way he wins this race would be something unexpected that hurts Obama: a huge gaffe in the debates, or some new video surfacing that is damaging to Obama in some way (a la Wright).

Still a long way to go, but this is generally the time that people make up their minds & stick w/ it. I think the election was basically decided in the last week.

37 days is an eternity in Politics

It's true. And the republicans do have a secret weapon, one which needs only the spectre of Putin on the move, to backfire on the Dems and play to a big REpublican strength - the Palin Doctrine:

original.jpg

At least in what I consider to be the 2 most accurate polls:

Gallup - 50%-42%
Rasmussen - 50%-44%

With early voting, McCain's campaign is going to be desperate in the next couple of weeks. He's going to throw a few hail mary's, but ultimately, the only way he wins this race would be something unexpected that hurts Obama: a huge gaffe in the debates, or some new video surfacing that is damaging to Obama in some way (a la Wright).

Still a long way to go, but this is generally the time that people make up their minds & stick w/ it. I think the election was basically decided in the last week.

Look for racially charged television ads in october, if McCain is still down by this margin.

Or even consider this more rosy picture for Obama:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

Virginia and even NORTH CAROLINA as Blue States. If these two go blue, the election is over for McCain...but frankly, if ONE of them goes blue, it's probably over for McCain.

I wouldn't believe my home state would go blue for anybody, but with the economic picture and a loss of confidence in McCain-Palin, I suppose it could happen.

Or even consider this more rosy picture for Obama:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

Virginia and even NORTH CAROLINA as Blue States. If these two go blue, the election is over for McCain...but frankly, if ONE of them goes blue, it's probably over for McCain.

I wouldn't believe my home state would go blue for anybody, but with the economic picture and a loss of confidence in McCain-Palin, I suppose it could happen.

I predict Obama won't win a single southern state, for reasons that have nothing to do with race of course. (cough, cough).

Obama has a 3-5 pt. lead in VA in every poll I've seen at this point.

In the primaries, he really did well there; turnout was through the roof, and he won by a wide margin.

Here's hoping. That would be a big breakthrough.

In the primaries, he really did well there; turnout was through the roof, and he won by a wide margin.

I won’t be that surprised if he loses Ohio and wins Virginia.

The voter base in VA has changed a lot in recent years. LOTS more imigrants.

Back