Obama smacks down McCain

Onceler

Nice preview of the general, here. McCain just made the comments today; this kind of rapid response is something I haven't seen since Clinton in '92 (Kerry was basically the opposite):

"Obama, with the backdrop of a roaring crowd of thousands behind him at Ohio State University lit into McCain's comments earlier today that he didn't know that "al Qaeda IS in Iraq."

Obama referenced last night's debate in Cleveland and explained Russert's hypothetical question on whether he would send troops back into Iraq to strike al Qaeda.

"I said, well I would always reserve the right to go in and strike against al Qaeda if they were in Iraq," Obama said. "So, you know, this is how politics works. McCain thought that he could make a clever point by saying, 'Well, let me give you some news Barack, al Qaeda IS in Iraq,' like I wasn't reading the papers. Like I didn't know what was going on."

Obama went on to lay the blame for terrorist activity in Iraq on McCain's shoulders. "But I have some news for John McCain," Obama said, "and that was that there's no such thing as al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq!"

He added: "I've gone some news for John McCain: He took us into a war, along with George Bush, that should have never been authorized and never been waged. They took their eye off the people who were responsible for 9/11, and that would be al Qaeda in Afghanistan that is stronger now than anytime since 2001."

"I've been paying attention John McCain! That's the news," Obama roared into the mic so loudly that he was barely intelligible. The crowd of college students screamed encouragingly.

"So John McCain may like to say he wants to follow Osama bin Laden to the gates of Hell," Obama said, "but so far all he's done is follow George Bush into a misguided war in Iraq that's cost us thousands of lives and billions of dollars."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/02/27/709573.aspx

Obama went on to lay the blame for terrorist activity in Iraq on McCain's shoulders. "But I have some news for John McCain," Obama said, "and that was that there's no such thing as al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq!"

This is the great thing about having somebody who was against the war in 2002, running. They can't say "you voted for it too"

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself. If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she could be back in this thing.

This is the great thing about having somebody who was against the war in 2002, running. They can't say "you voted for it too"

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself. If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she could be back in this thing.

She won't. Its Obama vs. McCain.

You would think that McCain would learn a lesson from the ass-kicking Obama gave Hitlary every time she tried something ignorant like this.

Got to give Obama props.... a solid thumping was just distributed.... hopefully McCain realizes this tactic is not working and doesn't attempt it again.

Obama is falling into the con trap.
He shouldn't be saying I'll go get them in afghanistan and Pakistan. Stick to gtf out.:clink:

LMAO....

I'm going to back off of picking on Obama...something was brought to my attention...Obama is just a tool of the Kennedy's...they are using him to wrestle back the Democratic Party from the Clintons...bad blood going on is what the back alley insiders have said...Obama will just become a lame duck one term president...and the democratic convention should be a hoot when Hillary and Bill are exposed for receiving money from the Saudis...maybe just maybe this is why she is stalling on releasing her and Bills income tax returns...

So maybe I was wrong calling Obama satan and all...albeit I still don't trust the man...no matter he will not have the power to change anything the Kennedy's don't want changed.............

I'm just going to take the advice I was given sit back grab the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment...this is going to be one hellava reality tv show...:corn:

You also think he's an Islamist. That makes you retarded and nearly unqualified to participate on this board.

Oh goody..........

You also think he's an Islamist. That makes you retarded and nearly unqualified to participate on this board.

the first member of the traditional 'dog pile' has arrived...I will wait for the others before I comment...:cof1:

However he is a 'Closet Islamist'..get over it already!

I'm going to back off of picking on Obama...something was brought to my attention...Obama is just a tool of the Kennedy's...they are using him to wrestle back the Democratic Party from the Clintons...bad blood going on is what the back alley insiders have said...Obama will just become a lame duck one term president...and the democratic convention should be a hoot when Hillary and Bill are exposed for receiving money from the Saudis...maybe just maybe this is why she is stalling on releasing her and Bills income tax returns...

So maybe I was wrong calling Obama satan and all...albeit I still don't trust the man...no matter he will not have the power to change anything the Kennedy's don't want changed.............

I'm just going to take the advice I was given sit back grab the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment...this is going to be one hellava reality tv show...:corn:

Clinton was a much better president than Kennedy. So I think it is good that the Clintons are in charge of the Dims instead of the Kennedys.

I think BlunderBorn is airing some kind of sexual fantasy with his persistent dogpile references. He's still retarded for thinking Obama's an Islamist and his only "proof" is "I've done the research. It's your problem for not knowing!"

I seriously hope he's in a government care facility for vets and posting all of this garbage on the government's dollar. That would make his hypocrisy and stupidity so much more tasty to savour.

Well, three or four hours ago I woke up. It was wonderful, and I showered shortly after.

Wow, you are right! That is a response so rapid that Oscar Wilde's head would be spinning.

Well, not to be too critical, but you do sound retarded.

In the world of politics, his response is classified as "rapid", in that it doesn't allow something to sit there for a news cycle...a la Kerry.

Understand now?

Well, not to be too critical, but you do sound retarded.

In the world of politics, his response is classified as "rapid", in that it doesn't allow something to sit there for a news cycle...a la Kerry.

Understand now?

No, I don't. I will reserve my use of "rapid" for when they actually have a debate together, not to add flavour to an otherwise boring as hell story.

No, I don't. I will reserve my use of "rapid" for when they actually have a debate together, not to add flavour to an otherwise boring as hell story.

Okay, cool. As long as you're willing to admit that you don't know what the term "rapid response" means in the context of a political campaign, you'll get no argument from me...

Back