Obama the Elitist

I love that point. I made it until my face was blue when Kerry and Gore were running against Bozo and the Hatchet man!

Yeah. Seriously. Like we really want a county college drop out that you can have a beer with in office. Get real.

You cant even have a beer with BUSH! The guy claims he does not drink because he cant handle beer!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/15/roland.martin/index.html

This is a great follow up piece to John Stewarts jokes Monday night about not wanting a "commoner" as CIC. His punchline was, "If you're not smarter than hte rest of what the fck are doing then?"

Since I am staying at the Harvard Club in Boston while I am here I believe that qualifies me to be an elitist. As an elitist I am above talking with you mere bitter commoners (peons) on an internet chat board. I am through with JPP.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Since I am staying at the Harvard Club in Boston while I am here I believe that qualifies me to be an elitist. As an elitist I am above talking with you mere bitter commoners (peons) on an internet chat board. I am through with JPP.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

:clink:All I picture is Cartman.

Bush comes from the most elitest famlies there is. He is a master at turning around his biggest vuneralibity and making it look like its a cherastic of his opponant.

I used to know lots of very insecure kids in High School who did that.

So among the three candidates left, the one that is worth just over $1 million is the elitist, whereas the other two worth in excess of $100 million each (including their spouses) are just regl'r folk?

So among the three candidates left, the one that is worth just over $1 million is the elitist, whereas the other two worth in excess of $100 million each (including their spouses) are just regl'r folk?

Well, almost. But now we call them "just folks". Not "just regular folk", which almost sounds a little pretentious, frankly. As if you were looking down your nose at just folks.

ha ha!

Good point.

As for why real elitist types (for example a guy that is the grandson of a Senator and son of a former President and who attended Andover, Yale and Harvard) can get away with branding themselves just folks (thanks Darla), it is largely because the elitist types in the media are playing the same game. Calling bullshit on the candidate's faux folksy is calling bullshit on their own faux folksy and they aren't going to do it.

As for why real elitist types (for example a guy that is the grandson of a Senator and son of a former President and who attended Andover, Yale and Harvard) can get away with branding themselves just folks (thanks Darla), it is largely because the elitist types in the media are playing the same game. Calling bullshit on the candidate's faux folksy is calling bullshit on their own faux folksy and they aren't going to do it.

I never put it all together in this context. You are right. Good point.

You'll always vote some rich bastard in as president.

Any discussion about "elitists" is a frigging huge wank.

Your whole political system is dominated by the wealthy. Admit it and deal with it.

And that goes for all sides.

An average person has no show of getting into your Congress.

The so-called Left in America is a huge joke.

Left? They're just right wingers who don't eat raw meat but prefer it "bleu".

It's why I find it hilarious that some people like Lieberman -"that's a good question" - can even begin to entertain the idea that Obama is a Marxist.

And people take that shit seriously?

Back