Obama vows quick action to curb warming

klaatu

Fusionist
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27774605/

In selling the Nation on investing in Green Technologies..., I believe the Global Warming Dooms Day tactic is unnecessary.., wording like there is no debate or indisputable evidence turns off many that otherwise would buy into the planned change.

Tell the APS or AIP the debate is over or the evidence is indisputable.

Obama shouldnt sell the idea of going green to STOP GLOBAL WARMING, he should sell the idea because..yes.. it is better for the planet, it is better for National Security and it will spin off a new era in advancing technologies. He does not need to go into the slippery slope arena of We are Going Green Because of Global Warming.

I could not agree more, the doomsdayers are hurting the effort with their exagerations (being kind here).

Three reasons we need to get behind alt energy that everyone can get behind....

1) Pollution is bad for our health and the more we can reduce emissions, the better off we will be in terms of long term health.

2) Pollution is bad for the environment. It gets into the air, water and ground which can harm plant and animal life (and obviously us as well)

3) National Security. We would be far better off if we obtained energy independence. It would allow us to stop sending over $700 BILLION each year to other countries and would not make us dependent upon nations such as Iran, Venezuela, Russia etc... for oil and nat gas.

I could not agree more, the doomsdayers are hurting the effort with their exagerations (being kind here).

Three reasons we need to get behind alt energy that everyone can get behind....

1) Pollution is bad for our health and the more we can reduce emissions, the better off we will be in terms of long term health.

2) Pollution is bad for the environment. It gets into the air, water and ground which can harm plant and animal life (and obviously us as well)

3) National Security. We would be far better off if we obtained energy independence. It would allow us to stop sending over $700 BILLION each year to other countries and would not make us dependent upon nations such as Iran, Venezuela, Russia etc... for oil and nat gas.

Many times people involved in a movement end up doing it more harm than good.

The Global Warming crowd is just another example of that.

The people who cry racism when there is none have done great harm to the civil rights movements by ruining the credibility and diluting the responses to real racism.

The radicals at PETA have taken away any credibility that organization once had. They started with a great idea and then the movement was hijacked by the extremists.

if oil goes to $40 a barrel alt energy is dead for now. I know more then anyone considering how heavily weighted in alt energy I am. Most are down 50%. im down up to 80 or 90% in a few positions.

if oil goes to $40 a barrel alt energy is dead for now. I know more then anyone considering how heavily weighted in alt energy I am. Most are down 50%. im down up to 80 or 90% in a few positions.

Which ones are down only 50%? :)

I think most are down the 80-90% you are seeing.

ESLR, JASO, FSLR, LDK, TSL

As for oil, I would agree that alt energy will be hurt if oil falls to $40... It broke a technical barrier yesterday closing below $49.90 which means the technicals do suggest a fall to $40.... however, the dollar is over valued here and with lower prices demand will likely start ticking back up. Add in the factor that OPEC etc.. do not want oil this cheap, they are likely to reduce supply to push it back up.

Hansen caught with bad data again. They declared october was one of the warmest on record until a check of the data showed some temps data had simply been carried over from a month eariler. Then they try to deflect criticism by saying they don't have the funds to verify all the data. Say what? Isn't that job one? They claim there's a trade off between quality and getting data quickly. LOL yeah right.

SCIENCE BIATCHES! IT WORKS!!

You go warmers!!!
Us deniers are getting scared!

Fig.C.lrg.gif

OMG!!!! where's the warming?

Repeat after me...Solar cycle 24

BaBump for our resident warmers.

Guys, what's up? What say you now? If some denier had such poor data they would've been crucified. Hansen has called for deniers to be jailed.

What truth would that be, asshat? Surely you are not calling the global warming nonsense truth?

No. I am calling the man made global warming theory a lie.

It's merely a way to put first world nations economies into the shitter, and deprive the people of enough energy to survive.

Which ones are down only 50%? :)

I think most are down the 80-90% you are seeing.

ESLR, JASO, FSLR, LDK, TSL

As for oil, I would agree that alt energy will be hurt if oil falls to $40... It broke a technical barrier yesterday closing below $49.90 which means the technicals do suggest a fall to $40.... however, the dollar is over valued here and with lower prices demand will likely start ticking back up. Add in the factor that OPEC etc.. do not want oil this cheap, they are likely to reduce supply to push it back up.

i meant most people are down only 50% where as people in alt energy are down 90%.

Back