obama W bush

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
[ame="http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=216538&title=changefest-09-obamas-inaugural"]Changefest '09 - Obama's Inaugural Speech | The Daily Show | Comedy Central[/ame]

too funny! obama's inauguration sounds just like bush and john stewart does a great job of showing it and his side kick does an awesome job of acting like many liberals

its 2 and half minutes and worth every second

Not to pick on her but Desh said Obama's speech moved her to tears. After seeing that I would ask really?

The ultimate test would be to put many of us partisans in a room with quotes or comments etc. but not who said them and see which ones we approve or don't approve of. It's very different when there's not a R or D in front of the statement.

Not to pick on her but Desh said Obama's speech moved her to tears. After seeing that I would ask really?

The ultimate test would be to put many of us partisans in a room with quotes or comments etc. but not who said them and see which ones we approve or don't approve of. It's very different when there's not a R or D in front of the statement.

i wish i could directly put the vid in here, but couldn't. i was surprised to see stewart tell the truth in such a humorous way, you know, people laughed but then probably didn't realize how much stewart pwnd obama.

obama is change....uh huh

I wonder if it was awash with tears... but I digress.

I was surprised at how disappointed I was. I was expecting something more. Although being there must have been cool with all those people and it probably enhanced the experience and those people will likely feel differently. I listened to the speech and was left feeling like I was let down.

:dunno:

Obama certainly changed plenty today alone.

I love the schizophrenia of conservatives right now. They're torn between talking points: he's going to be another libbed-out FDR, spending us into bankruptcy! Wait...I mean, he's just like Bush...some change!

Obama certainly changed plenty today alone.

I love the schizophrenia of conservatives right now. They're torn between talking points: he's going to be another libbed-out FDR, spending us into bankruptcy! Wait...I mean, he's just like Bush...some change!

i don't do talking points and have maintained my stance all along, a wait and see stance where he has made no indication of policy. i do find it ironic at best, that he says things almost verbatim to bush, bush gets bashed for it by dems and obama gets praise...."it moved me to tears" etc...

Ken Burns rated the speach 11 out of 10.

The speach was beautiful but was not one of those mountain on high types of speeches. It was a we have a real fucking mess on our hands but we will do everything to keep the promise of our countries democracy alive. We shall not fail for failure is unthinkable.
There is work to do and its going to take every American doing what they can to fix this mess.

It was the fact that I had a truely elected president which I have not had for a very long time. It was the fact that this man cares about our democracy more than he does about creating the perfet climate for the 1% to make record profits. It was the fact that he is brilliant instead of idiotic. We may not be saved but at least we now have a fighting chance to save this country.

His speech as usual was all doom and gloom. He has nothing good to say about us or our country..

His words are so empty and shallow, like he is.

Last edited:
His speech as usual was all doom and gloom. He has nothing good to say about us or our country..

His words are so empty and shallow, like he is.

I'm kind of enjoying how bitter you are.

How's the 1st week in the political wilderness going for you?

Ken Burns rated the speach 11 out of 10.

The speach was beautiful but was not one of those mountain on high types of speeches. It was a we have a real fucking mess on our hands but we will do everything to keep the promise of our countries democracy alive. We shall not fail for failure is unthinkable.
There is work to do and its going to take every American doing what they can to fix this mess.

It was the fact that I had a truely elected president which I have not had for a very long time. It was the fact that this man cares about our democracy more than he does about creating the perfet climate for the 1% to make record profits. It was the fact that he is brilliant instead of idiotic. We may not be saved but at least we now have a fighting chance to save this country.

how did you like the parts that sounded just like bush? given that you most likely criticized bush for the same speech...

His words are so empty and shallow, like him.

So if he'd started his speech with something like -

"Hey America you're really, really, really great and i think America is, like, the best at, like, everything. Let's hear it for America. Kick ass. America, like, totally."

That would have imbued him with some degree of depth?

how did you like the parts that sounded just like bush? given that you most likely criticized bush for the same speech...

Man, you're really obsessed with that. Stewart's segment was a tiny fraction of the whole speech.

I actually loved the parts of Obama's speech that subtly slammed the incompetence of the Bush years, with Bush having to just sit there & take it.

Man, you're really obsessed with that. Stewart's segment was a tiny fraction of the whole speech.

I actually loved the parts of Obama's speech that subtly slammed the incompetence of the Bush years, with Bush having to just sit there & take it.

and bush slammed clinton....blah, blah

i just love how obama sounded just like bush...yet bush was criticized and obama is praised

party over country for the dems

and bush slammed clinton....blah, blah

i just love how obama sounded just like bush...yet bush was criticized and obama is praised

party over country for the dems

I watched Obama's speech. He did not sound "just like Bush." Stewart found a few clips where he sounded like Bush, but overall, the speech was nothing like Bush.

Beyond that, many - especially on here - have been critical of Obama's speech as being somewhat lackluster.

Beyond even that, Bush didn't really get a ton of criticism for his 1st inaugural, or for speeches in general, though people would often comment on how illiterate he sounded. What you still seem unable to grasp is that people criticized Bush for being a woefully incompetent, unqualified President who made one bad decision after another, and basically destroyed the country as much as one man can in 8 years.

right, the county is DESTROYED..this is the spin you all love to throw out there, so I guess only the Democrats and Obama can save it..
we see a truly unqualified President in the office today. ..but that doesn't bother you all, because he is a Democrat.

Back