Obama's $250 to seniors

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
i don't understand....if the cost of living has gone down (technically here inflation)....why do people with a fixed income (who btw didn't get a "decrease" in payments) need an extra $250?

i don't understand....if the cost of living has gone down (technically here inflation)....why do people with a fixed income (who btw didn't get a "decrease" in payments) need an extra $250?

They decided not to increase COLA last I heard.

um....yeah....so if COL has gone down, why do they need extra money?

I'm saying that last I heard, they didn't increase COLA for seniors (meaning they didn't give them extra money). It was the first time in generations that had happened because inflation was so low.

When did that change?

I'm saying that last I heard, they didn't increase COLA for seniors (meaning they didn't give them extra money). It was the first time in generations that had happened because inflation was so low.

When did that change?

i understand that....my point is...they did not get a COLA increase because the COL went down.....

if the COL went down, why do they need extra money? the money they have is an increase from last year that was, if i recall correctly, one of the largest since COLA started in 1975....

so, it appears they are in fact currently getting more than the COL as they are never decreased, so why is it obama needs to give them an extra $250?

Right, things are relatively cheap right now so they shouldn't need a $250 bonus. However I do think Obama is trying to win favor with the senior crowd, after the damage he's taken with the right rattling on about Death Panels. Or, perhaps since he's supposedly denying them the Swine Flu vaccine, he figures they'll all kick the bucket before he has to shell out the big bucks. One thing I'm certain of is that the government doesn't have any money to be passing out to seniors or anyone else, and besides, it's our tax dollars! How about instead of taking it from us and then giving a pittance back, just let us keep it in the first place!

i understand that....my point is...they did not get a COLA increase because the COL went down.....

if the COL went down, why do they need extra money? the money they have is an increase from last year that was, if i recall correctly, one of the largest since COLA started in 1975....

so, it appears they are in fact currently getting more than the COL as they are never decreased, so why is it obama needs to give them an extra $250?

And IM saying, show me where they're actually getting an increase ($250) at all. Last I heard, Republicans were saying Obama hates seniors because he was "cutting their entitlements" but not raising it for the first time in generations.

You guys are so retarded, you wont be happy no matter what the fuck happens.

I bet seniors can hardly contain themselves on what they are going to do with the $20.00 extra a month, der Obama has promised them.

They decided not to increase COLA last I heard.
Right, the point is there is no inflation, in fact there has been a bit of deflation. Since there is no provision to decrease payments they are actually getting more than they used to with no COLA. Why are they getting even more?

Nobody's yet linked me to anything saying they're getting more money. Even if they were, they probably deserve the increase in entitlements anyway just because it was pretty damn low to begin with.

And IM saying, show me where they're actually getting an increase ($250) at all. Last I heard, Republicans were saying Obama hates seniors because he was "cutting their entitlements" but not raising it for the first time in generations.

You guys are so retarded, you wont be happy no matter what the fuck happens.

this is the first time you asked me to show you....and no one said anything about being unhappy.....i merely asked why....get over yourself...

i thought this was common knowledge....google is your friend:

403 Forbidden

direct link for you:

Obama seeks $250 payments for seniors
Money is meant to offset no increase in Social Security in 2010

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33316549/ns/business-personal_finance/

Nobody's yet linked me to anything saying they're getting more money. Even if they were, they probably deserve the increase in entitlements anyway just because it was pretty damn low to begin with.

speaking of not being happy....you're bitching about it being to low....

so i guess your answer is, obama should request this of congress because its just to low.... tell me how well SS is doing..... how much do you think they should get and what will this look like in terms of budget? :rolleyes:

You're like a dishonesty factory. I'm not bitching. I'm saying it could probably be justified.

By the way, if you read the article it makes perfect sense.

The recession hit seniors particularly hard. They're living off their investments, which decreased at the end of Bush's term by a HUGE percentage. So they're struggling disproportionately. That's what the money is meant to offset.

By the way, I'm not going to argue this any further. You guys will pick apart anything at all, even when it's reasonable. And you'll never, ever be convinced the government spending money as stimulus is reasonable (which is what this is - a $13 billion stimulus for seniors).

i see...so you're just the height of honesty for saying i'm unhappy, when all did was question why....but i'm dishonest for characterizing your words.....

dork

and you're right, there is no further argument as you would like to give them much more....but the fact is, they are already are getting more SS than the current COL....

me thinks obama is basically bribing them

You're like a dishonesty factory. I'm not bitching. I'm saying it could probably be justified.

By the way, if you read the article it makes perfect sense.

The recession hit seniors particularly hard. They're living off their investments, which decreased at the end of Bush's term by a HUGE percentage. So they're struggling disproportionately. That's what the money is meant to offset.

By the way, I'm not going to argue this any further. You guys will pick apart anything at all, even when it's reasonable. And you'll never, ever be convinced the government spending money as stimulus is reasonable (which is what this is - a $13 billion stimulus for seniors).

This money isn't just for seniors.

Back