Obama's final meltdown: Obama Tried to Stall U.S. Troop Withdrawl

uR_mOm

Verified User
Obama Tried to Stall U.S. Troop Withdrawal
2008-09-15 03:31am

Though he has often publicly called for a speedy withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq, Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama has quietly pushed the Iraqi government to delay any agreement to withdraw American troops, the New York Post reported Monday.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July, the paper reported.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari told the Post.

Obama had argued that Congress should be involved in any negotiations to withdraw U.S. forces and that it was in everyone's best interest to not have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration because of its "state of weakness and political confusion."

But Zebari said his government did not want to wait.

"As an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," he told the paper.

The paper said Obama also tried to persuade U.S. commanders, including the top American general in command of all operations in Iraq, Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date," but they would not.

(c) 2008 Newsroom.

Why does this not surprise me. This is the same asswipe that stated the surge would not work, nor admit that it did when interviewed.

This was already discussed at length on another thread today.
continue your con circle jerk though.

the other thread starts with wow. Read it you might learn something.
But somehow I doubt it.

Boobs are beautiful, how could they be ignorant?

images

It is as simple as this--obammie the commie is not qualified to make decisions for anybody in this country---period.

How many people are just voting from him because they don't like Bush? Lots. Hey--I hate Bush also, but I am not going to vote for this empty vessel of marksism for a change. IMO--anybody who votes for obamie the commie is not informed, not in touch with American values--or simply hates America and wants obamie the commie to tear the USA down (like most of Europe and our enemies who want to see the commie in office)

Let me guess---I bet this messed up individual is a liberial, and lives in CA. or Mass. He/she probably votes also---guess for who?

Wow, you can tell the political affiliation by just seeing their tits? Or is it the body hair?

Obama Pressured Iraq to Delay Troop Withdrawals

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:49 AM

Despite his insistent demands for a rapid withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama secretly urged Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement that would lead to a draw down in troop numbers.

A blockbuster expose in Monday's New York Post by Amir Tahiri revealed that Obama made his demand for the delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told The Post.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the U.S. elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview with The Post.

Zabari recalled that Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of U.S. troops, and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," Zebari said.

Obama says he wants U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2010, a development that would be impossible if the status of forces agreement were delayed as he asked the Iraqis.

In addition to his backdoor approach to the Iraqis, The Post said Obama also sought to persuade U.S. commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date," a request they refused.

The Post noted that, "to be credible, Obma's foreign-policy philosophy requires Iraq to be seen as a failure, a disaster, a quagmire, a pig with lipstick or any of the other apocalyptic adjectives used by the American defeat industry in the past five years."

"Yet Iraq is doing much better than its friends hoped and its enemies feared," The Post stated, adding that "the United Nations mandate will be extended in December, and we may yet get an agreement on the status of forces before President Bush leaves the White House in January."

Obama Pressured Iraq to Delay Troop Withdrawals

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:49 AM

Despite his insistent demands for a rapid withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama secretly urged Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement that would lead to a draw down in troop numbers.

A blockbuster expose in Monday's New York Post by Amir Tahiri revealed that Obama made his demand for the delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told The Post.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the U.S. elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview with The Post.

Zabari recalled that Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of U.S. troops, and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," Zebari said.

Obama says he wants U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2010, a development that would be impossible if the status of forces agreement were delayed as he asked the Iraqis.

In addition to his backdoor approach to the Iraqis, The Post said Obama also sought to persuade U.S. commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date," a request they refused.

The Post noted that, "to be credible, Obma's foreign-policy philosophy requires Iraq to be seen as a failure, a disaster, a quagmire, a pig with lipstick or any of the other apocalyptic adjectives used by the American defeat industry in the past five years."

"Yet Iraq is doing much better than its friends hoped and its enemies feared," The Post stated, adding that "the United Nations mandate will be extended in December, and we may yet get an agreement on the status of forces before President Bush leaves the White House in January."

http://www.newsmax.com/brennan/obama_iraq_troop_withdraw/2008/09/16/131238.html

Back