Obama's popularity explained

In a quotation popularly attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville: "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury."

"Vote for me", the huckster cries, and you'll get free healthcare, you won't have to pay back those loans you took out, free school lunches for everyone, teachers will get raises, I'll make gas cheaper, Social Security payments will go up, prescription drugs will be free...the promises go on and on.

Pausing for effect, the demagogue utters the coup de grace: "and it won't cost you a dime, because the rich will be forced to pay for it all!"

Last edited:
He's not promising free healthcare, or loan absolvement, or free lunches for everyone.

Do you always have to lie to make a point? Are you comfortable lying so much?

You read: "Vote for me", the huckster cries, and you'll get free healthcare, you won't have to pay back those loans you took out, free school lunches for everyone, teachers will get raises, I'll make gas cheaper, Social Security payments will go up, prescription drugs will be free...the promises go on and on. Pausing for effect, the demagogue utters the coup de grace: "and it won't cost you a dime, because the rich will be forced to pay for it all!"

Your response?

"He's not promising free healthcare, or loan absolvement, or free lunches for everyone."

Therefore, you assume that Obama is the huckster and demagogue referenced above, ipso facto.

You read: "Vote for me", the huckster cries, and you'll get free healthcare, you won't have to pay back those loans you took out, free school lunches for everyone, teachers will get raises, I'll make gas cheaper, Social Security payments will go up, prescription drugs will be free...the promises go on and on. Pausing for effect, the demagogue utters the coup de grace: "and it won't cost you a dime, because the rich will be forced to pay for it all!"

Your response?

"He's not promising free healthcare, or loan absolvement, or free lunches for everyone."

Therefore, you assume that Obama is the huckster and demagogue referenced above, ipso facto.

Racist.

Nice try. Kind of sad, but nice try.

You assume too much, which is why you embarassed yourself on the other thread. You have never read a word about how I felt about Kosovo & Clinton's other military actions, but you assumed that I'm a partisan hack like you are, so you lied yet again, and were yet again embarassed.

Never assume. Facts are much stronger than assumptions.

I'm trying to help.

Your response?

Bollocks. You posted hyperbole. And yet you trounce someone who engaged your rubbish.

Hyperbole and you expect rationale debate.

Trollish, very trollish.

You've done it now, Diuretic.

What's the betting he's already contacting Mr Googles for some links to Australian racism, which will be posted on the board during the next few days?

I am not sure that insupportable should be culled per se, but it is scary that he can likely reproduce and homeschool his spawn.

He's not promising free healthcare, or loan absolvement, or free lunches for everyone.

Do you always have to lie to make a point? Are you comfortable lying so much?

LOL...

"Americans need real relief, Obama said, saying he will pass a law to give each family $1,000 a year to help them pay for higher gas prices and other rising costs."

http://tinyurl.com/4y35gr

Sounds like a free lunch to me.

You've done it now, Diuretic.

What's the betting he's already contacting Mr Googles for some links to Australian racism, which will be posted on the board during the next few days?

:clink:

That would be Stormfrontdownunder.Org :eek:

Racism with an Aussie accent..."Strength Through Oi, Oi, Oi,...Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi.."

"Oi Division"

Derivative to the end. :(

I am not sure that insupportable should be culled per se, but it is scary that he can likely reproduce and homeschool his spawn.

When the heuristics list is lost, that type are lost. But at least he doesn't swear.

Fuck I think we just got invaded by Hiram Holiday :eek:

"I opposed Kosovo. Compare them. Iraq was worse in every category. If Gore would not have gone into Iraq based on the above, then how in the fucking hell was Kosovo justifiable? Yet we all know there was no significant Liberal protests, there was no burning prez pictures, there was no outrage, at home or abroad when we invaded Kosovo under Clinton. The press (that supposedly isn't Liberal) never grilled him or even cared. This is all such bullshit. And how can you compare any of these undertakings to a full-scale ground invasion & occupation of Iraq? You have nothing, as usual - no leg to stand on. You admit that PNAC played a part, but think Gore would have just "found his own reasons" for us to invade Iraq as the logical response to 9/11. You're a true fucking idiot. I would never contend - going back to the top of this thread - that Bush Sr. would have attacked Kosovo. Presidencies are not interchangeable to me, and leaders are very different. The fact is, Iraq was NOT the logical response to 9/11, and your desperate attempt to evade accountability for this disaster is the only reason you come out with this laughable BS (which very few in the country would agree with, btw) that Gore would have done the exact same thing as Bush, and focused on Iraq & approved a full-scale ground invasion."

Maybe you should be "trying to help" me understand where the concern for civilian casualties is in the above....

Back