Obstructionism

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
In chart form:

Cloturevotes.jpg

Basically, this chart shows that in a mere 11 months the Senate Republicans have required cloture votes - votes taken to break a filibuster - a record 62 times. They still have 13 months to go to add to their record total. They are on track for 134 cloture votes (in red above).

Meanwhile, Mitch McConnel bitches about things not getting done. I wonder why!

In chart form:

Cloturev otes.jpg

Basically, this chart shows that in a mere 11 months the Senate Republicans have required cloture votes - votes taken to break a filibuster - a record 62 times. They still have 13 months to go to add to their record total. They are on track for 134 cloture votes (in red above).

Meanwhile, Mitch McConnel bitches about things not getting done. I wonder why!

The less they do, the better off we are.

I'd also point out that the previous record was set in the 107th Congress, the last time the Republicans were the minority party in the Senate.

Congrats, asshats!

The Dems have to start forcing them to actually fillbuster the more popular votes. They have to start yelling about the fillibustering Republicans, and get the attention of the American people. Bill Clinton would never have allowed this to occur under the radar, for example.

I just don't understand what is wrong with them.

The Dems have to start forcing them to actually fillbuster the more popular votes. They have to start yelling about the fillibustering Republicans, and get the attention of the American people. Bill Clinton would never have allowed this to occur under the radar, for example.

I just don't understand what is wrong with them.

The Democrats took their bottle and rattle away, but left them with their mobile.

I hope the next 11 congresses get nothing done whatsoever.

But in the end, what does it matter, the Democrat congress confirmed Mukasey, funded the war like good little politicians, caved on the s-chip, and have basically done everything a Republican congress would have.

WTF is the difference?

The Democrats took their bottle and rattle away, but left them with their mobile.

I hope the next 11 congresses get nothing done whatsoever.

But in the end, what does it matter, the Democrat congress confirmed Mukasey, funded the war like good little politicians, caved on the s-chip, and have basically done everything a Republican congress would have.

WTF is the difference?

They caved on the s-chip????

They don't have the votes to overcome the presidential veto. You do understand the basic rules of this don't you?

They caved on the s-chip????

They don't have the votes to overcome the presidential veto. You do understand the basic rules of this don't you?

Yes, I understand the basic rules, and today, they waved the white flag. I heard it on NPR. They could have at least stuck to their principles, but politics is ugly I guess.

Yes, I understand the basic rules, and today, they waved the white flag. I heard it on NPR. They could have at least stuck to their principles, but politics is ugly I guess.

Beefy, they couldn't overcome the presidential vetos, so they had the choice of letting s-chip expire all together in order to use it as an election issue, or agree to fund it as is, without the expansion. Millions of children woudl have been left with no health care if they had let it run out so they could use it as an election issue. What would you have said if they did that?

They did the right thing today Beefy.

Beefy, they couldn't overcome the presidential vetos, so they had the choice of letting s-chip expire all together in order to use it as an election issue, or agree to fund it as is, without the expansion. Millions of children woudl have been left with no health care if they had let it run out so they could use it as an election issue. What would you have said if they did that?

They did the right thing today Beefy.

The Republicans are the ones losing political capital on this issue, not the Democrats. They still had enough time to send up the bill anyway. Even with a veto, they would have had enough time to resend the bill. They just reinforced that they are essentially doing what W tells them to do. S-chip was good through next September anyhow, no? Why wouldn't they keep fighting?

The Republicans are the ones losing political capital on this issue, not the Democrats. They still had enough time to send up the bill anyway. Even with a veto, they would have had enough time to resend the bill. They just reinforced that they are essentially doing what W tells them to do. S-chip was good through next September anyhow, no? Why wouldn't they keep fighting?

I thought it expired in january. It if didn't expire until next September, then that was stupid of them, and I have no idea why they did it.

It expires September 30th, 2008.

Yes Darla, they caved.

Well, maybe that's not entirely correct. I guess certain states would have shortfalls starting in March of next year, but they still had time.

But vacation is coming up! Better cave before vacation!

Well, maybe that's not entirely correct. I guess certain states would have shortfalls starting in March of next year, but they still had time.

But vacation is coming up! Better cave before vacation!

March wouldn't have made any difference in the election either though. September would have of course. But if they had to get it done by March, it really wouldn't matter.

I have already said they should force the R's public on this, and scream bloody murder over the fillibuster. What do you want me to tell you?

March wouldn't have made any difference in the election either though. September would have of course. But if they had to get it done by March, it really wouldn't matter.

I have already said they should force the R's public on this, and scream bloody murder over the fillibuster. What do you want me to tell you?

There's a lot of things that I want you to tell me, but this is a family board.

I just think they're squandering their opportunity to effect the change they feel they were elected to do. Its reasons like this that I feel we're really living in a one party country. But the one party has 2 masks.

There's a lot of things that I want you to tell me, but this is a family board.

I just think they're squandering their opportunity to effect the change they feel they were elected to do. Its reasons like this that I feel we're really living in a one party country. But the one party has 2 masks.

I get like that...then I ask myself if I truly believe there is no difference, or only a dime's worth of difference between John Edwards and Rudy Guliani, and I know that the answer is no. I think that is two very different countries, depending on which one of those two gets to the white house. So that's what I hang onto.

I am not happy with the democrats though by any means. They are so stupid, and such cowards, and so frustrating.

This is a family board? What's the family, the Corleones?

I get like that...then I ask myself if I truly believe there is no difference, or only a dime's worth of difference between John Edwards and Rudy Guliani, and I know that the answer is no. I think that is two very different countries, depending on which one of those two gets to the white house. So that's what I hang onto.

I am not happy with the democrats though by any means. They are so stupid, and such cowards, and so frustrating.

This is a family board? What's the family, the Corleones?

I was thinking more along the lines of the Mansons. But I hear you.

Yeah, ending the Iraq war and stuff, not something that needs to be done.

Are they doing that you dopey little spazoid? No, they're not. They're extending it, funding it, and fucking all of us in the ass in the process. You heard me. BUTTSECKS!!!!1 From the Congress!!!!

I would prefer they don't do that.

PAUL - '08!!!1!

Are they doing that you dopey little spazoid? No, they're not. They're extending it, funding it, and fucking all of us in the ass in the process. You heard me. BUTTSECKS!!!!1 From the Congress!!!!

I would prefer they don't do that.

PAUL - '08!!!1!

LOL

Water used to annoy the hell out of me, but he grew on me and he hardly annoys me at all anymore. He's like the obnoxious, but well-meaning and funny kid brother of the JPP board.

LOL

Water used to annoy the hell out of me, but he grew on me and he hardly annoys me at all anymore. He's like the obnoxious, but well-meaning and funny kid brother of the JPP board.

I like him too. He's a funny kid. He reminds me of what its like to be a spazzy 18 year old with little concept of the horrors that await him in life.

Back