Of Course

Cancel7

Banned
It's different now, because a Republican is in the white house. Two oil men in fact.

But back in the day, when oil went from 10, to 20 dollars a barrel, guess whose fault it was?

That's right. That old stand by, none other than "Bill Clinton did it".

According to george bush, when he was running against Al Gore, gas prices were the President's fault.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/analysis/314

It's different now, because a Republican is in the white house. Two oil men in fact.

But back in the day, when oil went from 10, to 20 dollars a barrel, guess whose fault it was?

According to george bush, when he was running against Al Gore, gas prices were the President's fault.

Wow. We had no idea how good we had it back then.

It occurred to me last night that Bush probably has no idea how stupid & hated he is, because he's so stupid. Knowing his personality, he probably thinks the criticism he gets is just normal for someone in his position, and I think he actually believes all of those Truman comparisons re: his low approval rating.

It really bugs me. I need this guy to know how friggin' horrible he is, and what he has done to America with his stupidity & incompetence. I wonder if he'll ever have to really face up to it.

I also remember an older clip of Bush, campaigning for his father (when he was still drinking - you could tell because his nose was really red), bashing carter for stagflation & the energy crisis in the '70's...

It occurred to me last night that Bush probably has no idea how stupid & hated he is, because he's so stupid. Knowing his personality, he probably thinks the criticism he gets is just normal for someone in his position, and I think he actually believes all of those Truman comparisons re: his low approval rating.

It really bugs me. I need this guy to know how friggin' horrible he is, and what he has done to America with his stupidity & incompetence. I wonder if he'll ever have to really face up to it.

I also remember an older clip of Bush, campaigning for his father (when he was still drinking - you could tell because his nose was really red), bashing carter for stagflation & the energy crisis in the '70's...

You'd think that law bodies convening to try to you for war crimes would be a hint along with international and domestic scorn would be a hint, but I'm not sure.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Bush_war_crimes_conference_to_convene_0622.html

And don't forget when Jimmy Carter was president, he was blamed for high gas prices.

But, for some reason when a repub is in the white house, it becomes a problem of supply and demand. Don't blame bush!

From "The Politicians Bumper Book of Stuff" (page 1 paragraph 5)

Good Economic Situation
In office - point at self and say "I did this"

Out of office - "this is clearly a by-product of the benign world economy" (repeat often)​

Bad Economic Situation
In office - "this is clearly a by-product of the turbulent world economy" (repeat often)

Out of office - point at government and say "they did it"​

Good Economic Situation

Out of office - "this is clearly a by-product of the benign world economy" (repeat often)​

Bad Economic Situation
In office - "this is clearly a by-product of the turbulent world economy" (repeat often)

It's all the Brits' fault!

I don't think he'll ever know Onceler. I think that he has a seriously dysfunctional personality, some sort of disorder. It will prevent him from ever seeing it. You only need to compare what LBJ was like. Vietnam probably killed him. Certainly, he was tormented over it.

I wish I had seen that (bush blaming Carter). That would be a classic now.

Good Economic Situation

Bad Economic Situation

HaHa, that is pretty good. It is always entertaining when a politician, such as Bush in this example, gets caught for saying what is expediant at the time (or they could actually believe it when they say it but then attempt to deflect when it comes to them as your example shows).

Last edited:
Copper went up for a couple of reasons I know of. Increased demand for the housing boom, Shell casings for the war, and increased demand in China and India due to their rapid growth rate.

Last edited:
Back