Ohh those evil lobbyist...

WRL

Well...the right is right
The sleazy part of all this is how the same liberal media that tried to bury McCain without a shred of evidence regrading an affair with this woman, are now grasping at straws to paint Obama as some reformer of the evil lobbyist, and McCain has somehow beholden to the oga boga Lobbyist.

However Obama has ties to lobbyist himself...
Obama’s K Street project

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is benefiting from the support of well-connected Washington lobbyists...

Lobbyist working to build momentum for Obama are former Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.), a consultant for Alston & Bird; Broderick Johnson, president of Bryan Cave Strategies LLC; Mark Keam, the lead Democratic lobbyist at Verizon; Jimmy Williams, vice president of government affairs for the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America; Thomas Walls, vice president of federal public affairs at McGuireWoods Consulting; and Francis Grab, senior manager at Washington Council Ernst & Young.

Lobbyists tend to be cautious creatures. Evidence that they are flocking to Obama’s camp shows that his campaign has gained substantial momentum among the politically sophisticated.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/obamas-k-street-project-2007-03-28.html
Point is it's our right to 'lobby' or petition our government. Are Children's cancer lobbyist, evil people? All types of people lobby the government, what we need is a man like McCain, who can fix the problem at hand, which isn't our right to petition our government, but how money can drive that process, and the only candidate running that has a record of being able to bring about the bi-partisan reform to many area's, is John McCain. Obama likes to talk the talk, but has no record of walking the walk. John McCain does, he co-sponsored many pieces of legislation cutting through the bitter divide to get things done in Washington. Obama has one term under his belt, and in that term he used it to gain the ranking of the most liberal member of the Senate.

Fighting cancer, as a patient and a lobbyist

The Wyatt's have been active ever since in promoting awareness of childhood cancer, which is the No. 1 killer of children in the United States. In Minnesota, about 160 children are diagnosed with cancer each year, and about 25 die.

On Nov. 14, the Rechs celebrated Wyatt's 6th birthday and a significant victory. That day, the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee approved the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act, which would provide $30 million per year until 2012 to expand childhood cancer research.
Republican Sen. Norm Coleman co-authored the measure. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat, is a co-sponsor.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/congress/11919876.html

I was looking to organize points better, glad you noticed, and while they may not be 'quotes' however you're right, it does help organize points.

The sleazy part of all this is how the same liberal media that tried to bury McCain without a shred of evidence regrading an affair with this woman, are now grasping at straws to paint Obama as some reformer of the evil lobbyist, and McCain has somehow beholden to the oga boga Lobbyist.

However Obama has ties to lobbyist himself...

Point is it's our right to 'lobby' or petition our government. Are Children's cancer lobbyist, evil people? All types of people lobby the government, what we need is a man like McCain, who can fix the problem at hand, which isn't our right to petition our government, but how money can drive that process, and the only candidate running that has a record of being able to bring about the bi-partisan reform to many area's, is John McCain. Obama likes to talk the talk, but has no record of walking the walk. John McCain does, he co-sponsored many pieces of legislation cutting through the bitter divide to get things done in Washington. Obama has one term under his belt, and in that term he used it to gain the ranking of the most liberal member of the Senate.
I hardly ever agree with you but I agree with you now. So long as you don't attempt to exert undue influence for a lobbyist and you don't have less than an arms length relationship, there is nothing wrong with lobbyists working for their clients. And your point is well taken the evilness of the lobbyist is in the eye of the beholder.

Well thank you, that was reasonable. I really find the sleaze on TV lately about McCain and lobbyist's and trying to paint him as part of the problem as ridiculous. The problem is how money has corrupted the right to lobby our government, or the system. As it has in running for office. And I think it's going to take strong bi-partisan support to change the status quo in Washington, and John McCain can, and has a record, of get the a bipartisan job done.

Well thank you, that was reasonable. I really find the sleaze on TV lately about McCain and lobbyist's and trying to paint him as part of the problem as ridiculous. The problem is how money has corrupted the right to lobby our government, or the system. As it has in running for office. And I think it's going to take strong bi-partisan support to change the status quo in Washington, and John McCain can, and has a record, of get the a bipartisan job done.

Your like a campaign flyer.

I think the hard part little willie is having a hard time getting his wee little mind around is that there is a fine line between lobbying and corruption/bribing.

This whole bit about McCain and his elleged affair just stinks to high heaven, though it's not as bad as the swift boating the Bushies did to him in 2000 in south carolina.

I think the hard part little willie is having a hard time getting his wee little mind around is that there is a fine line between lobbying and corruption/bribing.

This whole bit about McCain and his elleged affair just stinks to high heaven, though it's not as bad as the swift boating the Bushies did to him in 2000 in south carolina.

What are you talking about, I mention in the thread money is the problem, but not our ability to petition government. And there certainly wasn't favors traded in the McCain case.

Back