Ohio State Fair

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
The following Concerts will be at the Ohio State Fair and my wife and I can't go to them all. There will be five acts that would be worth seeing...well kinda...ones a country music act and I'm not very fond of country music. The acts are;

Lady Antebellum w Joe Nichols

BTO, Blue Oyster Cult & Foghat

Beach Boys & America

Heart with Joan Jett

Aretha Franklin

I have to be honest in that I have absolutely no desire to see Lady Antebellum. Maybe if it was a free concert. Not a country music fan. So of the other four, if you could only catch two of those shows, which would you pick?

The following Concerts will be at the Ohio State Fair and my wife and I can't go to them all. There will be five acts that would be worth seeing...well kinda...ones a country music act and I'm not very fond of country music. The acts are;

Beach Boys & America

Heart with Joan Jett

Aretha Franklin

I have to be honest in that I have absolutely no desire to see Lady Antebellum. Maybe if it was a free concert. Not a country music fan. So of the other four, if you could only catch two of those shows, which would you pick?

Aretha Franklin

Though i have no idea who or what "BTO" is, and I actually like Lady Antebellum. I would choose Heart (especially with Joan Jett, love her!) and of course, Aretha over her though. Let me know which ones you go to.

Beach Boys & America

Heart with Joan Jett

Aretha Franklin

Could care less about Heart... but Joan Jett would make that worth it.

Aretha... because she is... Aretha... some of the best pipes ever.

Though i have no idea who or what "BTO" is, and I actually like Lady Antebellum. I would choose Heart (especially with Joan Jett, love her!) and of course, Aretha over her though. Let me know which ones you go to.

Bachman Turner Overdrive...

You aint seen nothin yet
takin care of business

Seriously you don't remember them?

I have Aretha as #1 on my list....only problem is she's had health probles, is recovering from Cancer and is 71 years old....still she's a living legend so I'll probably buy.

My wife wants to see Beach Boys and America...actually she wants to see America. She's been a fan of theirs since before I met her.

As for BTO, Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat.....sounds like a great show....but I've already seen them...and I saw them back in the day. :) Actually I've seen Blue Oyster Cult three times.

My wife and I drew out of a hat. She chose from the two concerts she'd like to see (Aretha Franklin and Beach Boys/America). She drew Aretha Franklin.

Since I let her go first and she took Aretha, I chose between BTO/BOC/FH and Heart/Joan Jett. I picked Heart/Joan Jett. :)

Could care less about Heart... but Joan Jett would make that worth it.

Aretha... because she is... Aretha... some of the best pipes ever.

Dude..wow...Heart? Awe man....the Wilson sisters are the god mothers of Grunge. Nancy Wilson has a set of pipes that are right up there with Aretha.

Dude..wow...Heart? Awe man....the Wilson sisters are the god mothers of Grunge. Nancy Wilson has a set of pipes that are right up there with Aretha.

loved them in the 70's... but they went way way way south in the 80's... they either lost their sound or they deliberately tried to conform

I have Aretha as #1 on my list....only problem is she's had health probles, is recovering from Cancer and is 71 years old....still she's a living legend so I'll probably buy.

My wife wants to see Beach Boys and America...actually she wants to see America. She's been a fan of theirs since before I met her.

As for BTO, Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat.....sounds like a great show....but I've already seen them...and I saw them back in the day. :) Actually I've seen Blue Oyster Cult three times.

My wife and I drew out of a hat. She chose from the two concerts she'd like to see (Aretha Franklin and Beach Boys/America). She drew Aretha Franklin.

Since I let her go first and she took Aretha, I chose between BTO/BOC/FH and Heart/Joan Jett. I picked Heart/Joan Jett. :)

Oh wow, you are going to see the two best concerts IMO then. Can't wait to hear about them.

loved them in the 70's... but they went way way way south in the 80's... they either lost their sound or they deliberately tried to conform
Oh Heart definately suffered from bad management in the 80's cause their label were more concerned about style than substance and couldn't deal with Ann's weight gain after having children. Heart picked right back up when they left CBS and joined Capital Records. They got back to their roots in the late 80's and early 90's and put out some great classic rock hits. I think their whole body of work over the years is very impressive or else they wouldn't be in the RnR hall of fame and honestly....I can't think of a single living female vocalist in Rock music that is of the caliber of Ann Wilson.

Back