Oil all time High

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
do you think this will effect home heating oil prices in cold states for the winter and will Bush release some strategic reserves? Its just now starting to get to point we need heat in New England.

Think I will split up another cord of wood to be safe this week. Got about 6.5 ready so far. I don't want to touch my thermostat this winter.

Yes, higher energy prices will be reflected in our heating bills this winter.

No, he should not release oil from the strategic reserves. He should be filling to capacity.... building new capacity... and filling that new capacity. Oil will continue to go up.

Look to solar, that will be the first level of alt energy to become economically viable. (we are still a couple years out, but currently it is the front runner)

do you think this will effect home heating oil prices in cold states for the winter and will Bush release some strategic reserves? Its just now starting to get to point we need heat in New England.

Think I will split up another cord of wood to be safe this week. Got about 6.5 ready so far. I don't want to touch my thermostat this winter.

Maybe you can beg Hugo Chavez to send you some free heating oil, like he did for New York last year? :)

Then Bush had secret energy meetings and invaded Iraq...
Good stuff for the oil companies.

Right. :foil:

While the war certainly had an intial effect on prices, it hardly is the main reason for the increase in prices.... and no politician has that much of an effect on demand for energy.

The fact that India and China (not to mention the US) have increased their use of oil/gas over the past decade... yeah, that has little to do with the increase in oil prices.... in reality it is all Bush's fault.

Correct in the longer term. But the Bush oil doctrine had an immediate effect to get profits to oil cos a few years earlier.

Profit margin for COP.... 6.73% Profit margin for SBUX.... 7.04%

Time to start bitching about those evil coffee suppliers... they ream the public at a greater pace than those evil oil companies.

Umm I do not need coffee to raisr crops or get to work.
actually I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee a week. so make it $20 /LB I don't care.

Oil now makes our country go....

yes... China along with India and the US have strained supply, which has obviously caused prices to increase.

That's probably true, but You forgot to add that your president's war has destabilized the middle east, and his weak-dollar policy has made oil more expensive.

Umm I do not need coffee to raisr crops or get to work.
actually I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee a week. so make it $20 /LB I don't care.

Oil now makes our country go....

The point US was profitability. You and many others continue to bitch about the "record profits" of oil companies, but turn around and ignore the fact that their "record profits" are not an indication of them taking higher margins from the public, but rather are produced as a direct result of higher demand for their product. Thus the DOLLAR figures are at record levels, but the profitability really hasn't changed that much.

Back