Ok did Rudy die or something?

KingRaw!

I dare you to stop us GL
I watch the news a lot and I haven't heard anything about him in the past week or two. What's up with that? I don't even see him in the polls anymore unless it's last place.

he was overrated from the very beginning welcome to reality glad you were able to catch up (that's to everyone that thought rudy was important)

I watch the news a lot and I haven't heard anything about him in the past week or two. What's up with that? I don't even see him in the polls anymore unless it's last place.

He's going to at least get 15% in NH. The same, as we all know, as Ron Paul.

I expected Paul to come out ahead of Guliani in Iowa, but for Guliani to be creamed SO bad, is just embarrassing for his campaign.

R. Paul got 10%, that is a good showing, all things considered. He's polling at 7% in NH, I think he'll get more than he polls because he'll get the new registered...

R. Paul got 10%, that is a good showing, all things considered. He's polling at 7% in NH, I think he'll get more than he polls because he'll get the new registered...

RP was polling 6% in Iowa, and he got 10%. That is actually a very good showing. RP was polling 8% in NH, which is also a lot more of a libertarian state. If the trend continues, he may very well break the 15% wall for delegates at the NH primary.

Or, is it a 15% threshold? I don't know... the Republicans are complicated...

RP was polling 6% in Iowa, and he got 10%. That is actually a very good showing. RP was polling 8% in NH, which is also a lot more of a libertarian state. If the trend continues, he may very well break the 15% wall for delegates at the NH primary.

Or, is it a 15% threshold? I don't know... the Republicans are complicated...
You are confusing things. NH holds a Primary, not caucusing, next Tuesday. And the 15% threshold doesn't count for the Rs in Iowa, that is only how the Democrats do it. Their rules are not followed in any other state.

Oh, now I get it...

Paul probably finished so strongly because, as you said, a caucus was designed to bring out the activist elements in the party.

But New Hampshire does hold statewide proportional to select delegates. I'm assuming they copied the Democrats in that regard, which means a 15% threshold.

Oh, now I get it...

Paul probably finished so strongly because, as you said, a caucus was designed to bring out the activist elements in the party.

But New Hampshire does hold statewide proportional to select delegates. I'm assuming they copied the Democrats in that regard, which means a 15% threshold.
I think you are assuming incorrectly. Why would NH copy Iowa Democrats in selecting how their Delegates are proportioned?

I think you are assuming incorrectly. Why would NH copy Iowa Democrats in selecting how their Delegates are proportioned?

I really think the Republicans only went to proportional representation when the had to... whenever state laws required them to, and didn't discriminate between Democratic and Republicans. Republicans still love winner-take-all, you see. Paul won 2 delegates at Iowa, because he won the plurality in two counties.

I really think the Republicans only went to proportional representation when the had to... whenever state laws required them to, and didn't discriminate between Democratic and Republicans. Republicans still love winner-take-all, you see. Paul won 2 delegates at Iowa, because he won the plurality in two counties.
The states cannot tell the party how to run their selection criteria. The first amendment gives them the right to assemble and to select their candidates how they see fit. Otherwise you would see Libertarians holding caucuses and running in Primaries here too. They don't have to.

And it isn't just the Republicans that do that. The Democrats here could certainly cut up their delegates if they wanted. But they don't. They choose to run a winner take all.

It was ruled unconstitutional back in the 40's to exclude blacks from primaries, even if the state did technically call parties private institutions, because they are an intrinsic part of our public system of elections.

Back