Okay.... It appears I finally have the new server working correctly...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
I'll be closing down the site for a few. Creating one last db dump before the switchover. Once it is back up, there will be a "We're sorry..." message that will point you to a temp url that will hold the site until the new servers have perpetuated across the internet then your old bookmarks should work.

It may take as many as two days for that to get done.

See you on the new server!

Damocles

(This post is more to ensure that my last datadump successfully made the crossover than it is to inform as it is very early in the morning here.)

Crap. I am somehow getting the db upload wrong and I am missing posts. I will wait until I have it right before attempting it.

I am very excited about the speed I have seen so far. Let's get some users in here to give it a test!

The only thing I'm having any trouble with right now is the integrated chat. It still logs into the old server. Thankfully few use it right now and I am learning what to change in order to get it to use the correct server.

The only thing I'm having any trouble with right now is the integrated chat. It still logs into the old server. Thankfully few use it right now and I am learning what to change in order to get it to use the correct server.

I'm thinking about using it for cybersex, so dont take too long.

Damo, it really is fast. Congrats!

And it is about $5 a month cheaper too. I was stunned when I found out the recommended company and saw their deal. I also have a ton of choices in order to upgrade if I need still more speed.

The flashchat will work on this site as soon as the server names have propagated through the web... I don't want to change the link for a temp fix.

Everything is working properly so far as I can tell. Battleborn's avatar somehow disappeared, but other than that everything is normal. I told Battleborn he'd need to re-up his avatar as I wasn't going to hunt for it.

If anybody notices a glitch, give me notice and I'll work on it.

Wow. It appears to have passed every test. Working quickly, more posts than normal. More visitors than normal and still running smoothly.

*knocking on wood*

Back