One of my favorate parts of last nights speach, a swipe at Rove/Bush/Cheney

Jarod

Contributor
"What you don't deserve is another election that's governed by fear, and innuendo, and division, What you won't hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge and patriotism as a bludgeon."

Another great quote...

"We must be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in..."

"Change is realizing that meeting today's threats requires not just our firepower, but the power of our diplomacy — tough, direct diplomacy where the president of the United States isn't afraid to let any petty dictator know where America stands and what we stand for."

"John McCain has spent a lot of time talking about trips to Iraq in the last few weeks, but maybe if he spent some time taking trips to the cities and towns that have been hardest hit by this economy — cities in Michigan, and Ohio, and right here in Minnesota — he'd understand the kind of change that people are looking for."

But the end is the best!!!

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment — this was the time — when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."

Anyone have any highlights from McCain's speech? I cant seem to find any!!!

Come on, some memorable quotes from that pittafull speech last night... anything?? Please...

Back