Oregon wants to screw prius owners.

tinfoil

Banned
http://www.dhonline.com/articles/2008/12/28/news/local/1aaa02_road.txt

LOL
pay 1.2 cents per mile and get a rebate of 24 cents off the gas tax. What a great deal!! If your car gets less than 18 miles per gallon.

Say your car gets 30 miles per gallon. Before the new plan, your tax bill from gas would have been 24 cents per gallon. so your tax from traveling 30 miles would be 24 cents.
With the new plan, you'll be paying 30*1.2 or 36 cents for being so thrifty. The gas guzzler car will actually pay less if their milage per gallon falls below a certain point. If a car gets 12 miles a gallon then their new tax bill will be 12 * 1.2 or about 15 cents while using a gallon of gas. Before the new system the tax bill for the gas guzzler traveling 12 miles would have been 24 cents.

It just defies mathmatics to me. The government here in Oregon has made a big deal about fuel efficiency and hybrid vehicles and this is just a total slap in the face to all those people who did what the government wanted. Now they'll be punished. Their tax will go up while the polluters tax will fall.
It's hilarious when you think about it. Government creates incentive to own hybrid then punishes owners of hybrids.

Yeah, but pretty soon they'll come out with a new vehicle that will run on their own sense of self-satisfaction. They'll be able to travel at the speed of light!

Yeah, but pretty soon they'll come out with a new vehicle that will run on their own sense of self-satisfaction. They'll be able to travel at the speed of light!

travel at the speed of light? with or without centrifugal force?
I thought einstein did have something to say about that.
Tau Zero is a bit difficult to achieve.

travel at the speed of light? with or without centrifugal force?
I thought einstein did have something to say about that.
Tau Zero is a bit difficult to achieve.
So are magic cars that run on your own sense of self-satisfaction, but we can pretend we're not arguing physics for the "common senses" with an old man who never took a physics class.

So are magic cars that run on your own sense of self-satisfaction, but we can pretend we're not arguing physics for the "common senses" with an old man who never took a physics class.

I still understand centrifugal force better than a degreed engineer. No string and bucket is required for the real thing.

How many physics classes did Newton attend?

Back