Osama's in PA

Cancel7

Banned
My feeling is, if you are looking for somebody to scream "Run for your lives, it's Osama!" why wouldn't you vote for the real thing; a registered Republican?

And just when you didn't think this could go any lower.

On Eve of Primary, Clinton Ad Invokes bin Laden
By JEFF ZELENY and JOHN M. BRODER
BLUE BELL, Pa. — The six-week Pennsylvania primary drew to a contentious finish Monday as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton invoked images of Pearl Harbor and Osama bin Laden in a television advertisement that questioned Senator Barack Obama’s ability to lead in a crisis.

As she sought to spark a comeback in the Democratic nominating contest, Mrs. Clinton warned voters not to “take a leap of faith or have any guesswork” when they cast ballots Tuesday.

The Obama campaign accused her of employing “the politics of fear.”

With 158 pledged delegates at stake in Pennsylvania, the largest state remaining on the party’s primary calendar, the candidates raced from Scranton to Pittsburgh to Philadelphia — and a smattering of suburbs along the way — to rally their supporters and win over a dwindling lot of undecided voters.

While Mr. Obama spent nearly twice as much on television advertising in the state as Mrs. Clinton in the final days of the race, she broadcast a new commercial that used historic images from critical moments in the country’s past to ask voters whom they could trust in the White House. It did not mention Mr. Obama, but closed with “Who do you think has what it takes?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/u...62836-SBfgu3WSFPakYhwQM10kWg&pagewanted=print

One of her advisors called it a "very positive ad."

I don't really see a human being when I look at her anymore. It's like she is the product of some computer program that was designed to create the most Machiavellian, conscience-free candidate.

Cue Little-Acorn with some variant of "nice to see liberals finally waking up to the Clintons."

I don't really see a human being when I look at her anymore. It's like she is the product of some computer program that was designed to create the most Machiavellian, conscience-free candidate.

Cue Little-Acorn with some variant of "nice to see liberals finally waking up to the Clintons."

Well, it does prove that Republicans like Newt Gingrich who impeached a president against the people's will and moralized about adultry while divorcing his own cancer-ridden wife for his 20 year old assistant, weren't the assholes everybody said they were.

I can't believe her advisor said it was a positive ad. You know, that is so bush-like. It's that Orwellian thing that bush/rove mastered. It's scary to see it in her

Hard core winning is everything politicians look at the rovian methods as being proven political tactics.
I mean if it could get an idiot like bush elected twice....

btw did bush win in PA ?

You may not like it, and he may have been right for the wrong reasons, but he was right about the Clintons before you were.

I'm not saying this to be controversial. I have seen the Clintons as you describe them since the '90s. I'm not trying to rub it in your face, but the fact is that conservatives' prejudices against the Clintons happened to be prudent in this case. Why is that so hard for you to see?

You're trying to simultaneously admit that you were wrong while saying that the opposite side was wrong as well. It's just not true, and I'm sure if you sit and think about it logically you will reach the same conclusion.

You were right about Bush and he was wrong. Likewise he was right about Clinton and you were wrong. If you hate every Democrat or Republican and think they will be a failure you are bound to be right eventually.

Last edited:
"but he was right about the Clintons before you were."

And you know how I have felt about the Clintons...how again?

Back