out of curiosity

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
How is CNN calling states with ZERO percent reporting (WI & MN) or calling a state for Obama when their current numbers reported show McCain in the lead (MI)?

Not that I think any of those will end up in McCains column, but there are still states that are voting. I don't think they should project winners in these cases as it could disinfranchise voters from going to the polls if they think the race is already over.

i agree and was wondering the same thing... only im seeing the same result on MSNBC. the station im watching.

Exit polls combined with common sense. We all knew there was no way McCain could win Vermont. They aren't going to use exit polls to call tossups like Florida this time around, though.

Exit polls combined with common sense. We all knew there was no way McCain could win Vermont. They aren't going to use exit polls to call tossups like Florida this time around, though.

Water.... you don't call states based on exit polls. You call them based on VOTES.

Rob... I saw that as well on MSNBC. It is bogus to be calling states that early.... even if they really really think there ?is no chance for McCain, you don't call it until you actually show Obama in the lead. Same thing for WY etc... that they are already calling for McCain. Why the rush

The only place that this could keep people away is Cal Ore and Wash. McCain is not going to win ANY of those.

The only place that this could keep people away is Cal Ore and Wash. McCain is not going to win ANY of those.

At the time they called the obama wins with NO votes having been reported, there were more states still open.

Again, I don't think it would have altered the outcome of this election, but the point remains... how can they justify calling a state prior to any precincts reporting.

At the time they called the obama wins with NO votes having been reported, there were more states still open.

Again, I don't think it would have altered the outcome of this election, but the point remains... how can they justify calling a state prior to any precincts reporting.
Your point is well taken, but the fact is even Fox is calling them when there is little or no votes counted. I guess everyone is pretty sure of their exit polling. Not the right way to do it but the new way.

Pravda?

Out of your home state news, SF:

Barack Obama won Colorado, taking key counties such as Arapahoe, Jefferson and Larimer by more than 10 percentage points.

Obama led rival John McCain by 4-1 in Denver.

On his coattails, Mark Udall is the winner in the hotly contested race for the state's next U.S. Senator. His rival, Bob Schaffer, was losing his own home county of Larimer by 9 percentage points.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/04/obama-leading-colorado/

They use a lot of data to call the states. They've always called them as soon as they can.

Where's the harm?

Back