Pakistan may be on a new path

"The spokesman for the party, Tarik Azeem Khan, said: “We readily accept our defeat unlike in the past when losing parties alleged rigging. We accept that we were beaten fair and square."

I have to say, I am surprised by the above. I really thought we WOULD hear the "they cheated" chant from whomever lost. It will be very interesting to see how things continue to unfold in Pakistan.

I hope you are correct in that a new era is beginning.

you do realize that with a change to diplomatic policy of obama may cause democracy to take hole in the Muslim world and that Bush will go down in history in a positive light for pealing back the scab and beginning treatment.

I think not Chap.

He will go down as a reminder of what happens to war mongers. He will be reviled as the last of the fools.

they said similar things about presidents during there time in office that are loved now.

It all depends on how things work out.

its hard for anyone to admit that it wouldn't be better if the Muslim world became more of a democracy. if it did become one.. who would be given credit for starting them that direction?

Chap this is the line of thought that only partisans will buy. That means 30 % of America will agree with you.

They also say Reagan gets credit for the end of the cold war. There is more evidence for that arguement than your current one but it is still not true.

But Chap, I think it's a bit strange that you are lauding Bush's so-called democracy promotion int he middle east in a thread about elections in Pakistan considering Bush's wholehearted support (rhetorical and in cash and supplies) for Musharraf.

im just being devils advocate. i prefer to not get involved in warfare with no reward to our country. Just saying that he would be viewed as the catilist if say iraq began down the road of democracy. just stating what the perception will be.

Back