Parents of Michigan School Shooter Sentenced to 10 to 15 Years in Prison

Nothing like the US becoming more like N. Korea... The family is guilty of the child's sins. I'm surprised they didn't convict the grandparents too.

Nothing like the US becoming more like N. Korea... The family is guilty of the child's sins. I'm surprised they didn't convict the grandparents too.

They would probably try if the grandparent gave the gun to the parent.
At 15, that kid was old enough and knew exactly what he was doing.
Like I said before, I got my first hi-power rifle at 12 from the gun collection
my father had hanging on my bedroom walls for as long as I can remember
when I was a kid. Ammo was in a dresser drawer under the handguns.
Not once did I think I could take any one of them out and shoot up a school,
much less anytime my father wasn't present.
In leftieland, no one is responsible for their own actions...
Will that kid get out of jail before his parents because he was a juvenile?

They provided the gun for him to commit the crimes. They are responsible for both providing the gun, and refusing to tell the authorities they had provided a gun.

They provided the gun for him to commit the crimes. They are responsible for both providing the gun, and refusing to tell the authorities they had provided a gun.

No, Walter. They did not provide the gun…for him to commit the crime.

“trump is a child rapist.”

Link, Walter or you are lying…again.

Will that kid get out of jail before his parents because he was a juvenile?

Crumbley was prosecuted as an adult, not as a juvenile. This is modern America, where it is tough to get a juvenile prosecution. Crumbley got life without parole, which means he will never get out of prison due to a parole, or a normal release. He could still get a pardon, or a commutation, but that is extremely doubtful any time soon. Maybe 50 years from now, but chances against that are high.

Anyway, "that kid" will probably die in prison, and his parents will be out in a few years. He may technically be a juvenile, but he was tried as an adult.

He claimed that he used his own money, but they were legally the buyers of it. That is to say, they provided the gun for his crimes.

“trump is a child rapist.”

Link, Walter or you are lying…again.

Yes they did. The father bought the gun for a disturbed child 4 days before the shooting. You are lying as usual.

They didn't tell the kid to commit the crime and didn't actively participate. That the kid had access to a firearm shouldn't be cause for the child's criminal behavior to become that of the parents. When the government can charge you for not doing something that they haven't even codified into law, there's a problem, and that's what the government did here.

I agree that the parents were charged incorrectly.

Irresponsible procreation was their actual transgression.

The fault lies with our society for tolerating breeding by the unqualified.

They didn't tell the kid to commit the crime and didn't actively participate.

They provided the gun to the criminal, and then lied to the authorities about whether he had a gun.

Interestingly enough, when he did commit the crime, they immediately hired the best criminal defense attorneys that they could afford, for themselves. They refused to hire any defense attorney for their son.

They provided the gun to the criminal, and then lied to the authorities about whether he had a gun.

Interestingly enough, when he did commit the crime, they immediately hired the best criminal defense attorneys that they could afford, for themselves. They refused to hire any defense attorney for their son.

Then charge them for handing the gun over to the kid. That's not what happened though. They were charged as participants in the kid's crimes even though he was charged and tried as an adult.

Then charge them for handing the gun over to the kid. That's not what happened though. They were charged as participants in the kid's crimes even though he was charged and tried as an adult.

By covering up that he had a gun, the helped their son commit the crime.

By covering up that he had a gun, the helped their son commit the crime.

No, if they covered up they gave him the gun, that's related to giving him the gun. The crime isn't theirs unless it can be proved they were active participants in it.

No, if they covered up they gave him the gun, that's related to giving him the gun. The crime isn't theirs unless it can be proved they were active participants in it.

They acted as a strawman buyer for their son who was a criminal. They lied to the authorities about the crimes. They illegally allowed him to have access to the gun.

They acted as a strawman buyer for their son who was a criminal. They lied to the authorities about the crimes. They illegally allowed him to have access to the gun.

It doesn't make them guilty of the son's crimes. It makes them guilty of getting him a firearm. There are people charged with that all the time. What's different in this case was they were made complicit in the crime committed after the transfer of the firearm.

It doesn't make them guilty of the son's crimes. It makes them guilty of getting him a firearm. There are people charged with that all the time. What's different in this case was they were made complicit in the crime committed after the transfer of the firearm.

It does make them an accessory, which is a crime. An accessory aids in the crime, without directly partaking in the crime.

It does make them an accessory, which is a crime. An accessory aids in the crime, without directly partaking in the crime.

An accessory must materially contribute to the act. Get away driver at a bank robbery. Letting a child have access to a firearm and then that child four days later shoots people with it is not materially aiding the act.

An accessory must materially contribute to the act.

Getting the gun. Refusing to take the gun away. Refusing to tell authorities about the gun. Hmmm... Yup materially contributed.

Get away driver at a bank robbery.

No, that would be an accomplice.

Letting a child have access to a firearm and then that child four days later shoots people with it is not materially aiding the act.

I guess it sucks for them you were not on the jury.

Back