"Part of the Problem"

jollie

"He's Toast, Finished"

Another Chicago minister is causing headaches for Barack Obama after he told the congregation at the Democratic candidate’s church on Sunday that Hillary Clinton felt entitled to the presidency because she’s white.

Michael Pfleger, a Catholic priest, issued a formal apology for his sermon Thursday after Obama put out a statement saying he was “deeply disappointed” by Pfleger’s remarks at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

“I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them,” said Pfleger.

That was after a video of his sermon was posted on YouTube.

In it, Pfleger, who is white, mocked Clinton for getting choked up on camera before the New Hampshire primary in January.

“When Hillary was crying … I really don’t believe it was put on. I really believe that she just always thought ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife. I’m white. And this is mine’,” he said, shouting at times. “Then out of nowhere came, ‘Hey I’m Barack Obama’. And she said, ‘Oh damn! Where did you come from? I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show’!”

After that, he simulated Clinton crying and then said: “She wasn’t the only one crying. There was a whole lot of white people crying … I’m sorry. I don’t wanna get you in any more trouble. The live streaming just went out again.”

He also said at one point, “America has been raping people of color and America has to pay the price for the rape. “

The video was later posted on WorldNetDaily, which ran a story on Pfleger’s sermon.

Clinton campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson described Pfleger’s “divisive and hateful language” as “totally counterproductive in our efforts to bring our party together,” adding that the campaign hopes Obama will more fully reject the comments about Clinton.

The video was a reminder of the many sermons from Obama’s former pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. that have dogged his campaign since March. In the videos, Wright described his country as institutionally racist and made disparaging comments toward Clinton that referenced the issue of race. Obama has rejected Wright’s controversial statements and his campaign issued a statement Thursday rejecting Pfleger’s.

“As I have traveled this country, I’ve been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that that unites us,” the statement said. “That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger’s divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn’t reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause.”

Pfleger is not a member of Obama’s church, but Trinity United confirmed he was a guest at the church Sunday.

Pfleger’s support of Obama is well known in Chicago; an Obama aide confirmed that Pfleger contributed to Obama’s state Senate campaign during his years in the Illinois legislature.

The aide told FOX News that when Obama was a state senator in 2000, he secured a $100,000 earmark for the ARK Community Center, a center attached to Pfleger’s St. Sabina church. The aide said the initiative was awarded to help keep at risk kids off the streets by giving them a place to play.

Pfleger was also once a member of the Catholics for Obama Committee, which is a voluntary advisory committee to the Obama campaign, the aide said. But the aide said Pfleger decided to step down a few weeks ago from this committee, though the campaign did not request the resignation

Re: My, My, My Obama's New Pastor Problem Has Just Surfaced - BREAKING NEWS May 29, 2008 4:51 PM
in response to: mryglds
Thanks for telling me how to spell that crazy man's name...he is really out there,and you are right, Obama has no taste in people! Can you imagine who he will team up with if he wins the presidency.......scary!
patstand
703 posts since
May 14, 2008
Reply 5. Re: My, My, My Obama's New Pastor Problem Has Just Surfaced - BREAKING NEWS FOX May 29, 2008 4:51 PM

I believe this is that nutty Marxist Catholic Priest who is obsessed with hating everything American including white people.

Obama's Church scores another home run when it comes to fanaticism.
I wouldn't let a member of that Church pray for rain, much less vote for one of its whacked-out members for PRESIDENT!

Obama had a chance to bail, and he didn't. Now he's part of the problem.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhaha!
:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:

How many times now has this oh so delicious chicken tasting witty man been wrong?

Has anyone been keeping score?

The only reason I think Obama's long time minister was a problem is because Obama stayed in the pew and listened for 20+ years. That should a trend of agreement with him.

This newer stuff is just nonsense. I won't hold Obama responsible for what every idiot who visits his church says.

If Obama is responsible for all the visiting preachers. I think I'll have to get some online creditation and start visiting!

Sweeeet...

:D

All the FAKE, PHONY Statements in the WORLD, like: "These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them,” will NOT MATTER, and will NOT HELP. He's FINISHED, now. Some dummies who were "on the fence", guilty Whites who told themselves "Well, maybe it was an ISOLATED INCIDENT", Hahahaha! "Maybe his church didn't make a HABIT of having Racist, Hate-Filled Pastors, an maybe Obama's judgement ISNT that bad, Haaaaaaaaahahahahaha! Just LOOK at the respionses on OPRAH.COM, which are "HIS PEOPLE"!

How many times now has this oh so delicious chicken tasting witty man been wrong?

Has anyone been keeping score?

Desh, are you telling us that Jollie tastes like chicken?

I think I'd like to hear the details on that one. Send it to my private message box if you don't want to do it in public.

:whip:

And desh, I told you: I DONT taste like chicken, I taste like Italian Sausage. My Fraternal Grandparents were from Amalfi, and Attranio, 2 little villages near Naples, Italy. My Grandfather invented pizza, but alas, he didn't take out a patent, he dide broke, and it was up to ME to build the Family Fortune. Now Frank Pepe, another Neapolitan in New haven, takes credit for the invention of the Multi-Million Dollar product. Fun Fact: In Italy, they don't put Mozzarella Cheese on pizza. That's an American invention. Then again, what MANIAC would put HAM AND PINEAPPLE on a pizza, and call it "Hawaiian Pizza"? Only in Weirdo California!

And the person who thought up "Sushi Pizza" should be SHOT, and THEN hanged.

Sushi pizza? Now that sounds nasty. I love sushi and sashimi, and I love all sorts of pizza. But some combos shouldn't exist. It would be like pork flavored ice cream, there is just no need.

And desh, I told you: I DONT taste like chicken, I taste like Italian Sausage. My Fraternal Grandparents were from Amalfi, and Attranio, 2 little villages near Naples, Italy. My Grandfather invented pizza, but alas, he didn't take out a patent, he dide broke, and it was up to ME to build the Family Fortune. Now Frank Pepe, another Neapolitan in New haven, takes credit for the invention of the Multi-Million Dollar product. Fun Fact: In Italy, they don't put Mozzarella Cheese on pizza. That's an American invention. Then again, what MANIAC would put HAM AND PINEAPPLE on a pizza, and call it "Hawaiian Pizza"? Only in Weirdo California!

MMMMMM hawaiian pizza with extra mozzarella! Its just so ..........delicious but it doesnt taste like chicken.

Oh here we go. Take it from someone who has very Italian relations in Massapequa, Howard beach and Bensonhurst.
Here is the problem people.

michaelK? is that you?

sorry if you are not him, but you sure remind me of him!

care

Hey...!

Now we part company...albeit I am of Italian decent...I love pizza with Canadian Bacon and pineapple...I know the Canadian thingee is hard to swallow(being that Kanucks are lib's and all...)...but they do make great bacon... and Hawaiian chicks are really hot..no problem there :cof1:

Had to edit because darlas dirty little mind is going down the wrong road....!

Last edited:
Now we part company...albeit I am of Italian decent...I love pizza with Canadian Bacon and pineapple...I know the Canadian thingee is hard to swallow...but they do make great bacon... and Hawaiian chicks are really hot..no problem there :cof1:

See, it's alllll starting to come together now isn't it folks?

Back