Party of corruption: dem convicted of bribery

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
Former congressman convicted in freezer cash case

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A federal jury convicted a former Louisiana congressman Wednesday of taking bribes on 11 of 16 counts in a case in which agents found $90,000 in his freezer.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat who had represented parts of New Orleans, was accused of accepting more than $400,000 in bribes and seeking millions more in exchange for brokering business deals in Africa. He was convicted of charges including bribery, racketeering and money laundering. He was acquitted of counts including obstruction of justice and violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090805/ap_on_re_us/us_jefferson_trial

Former congressman convicted in freezer cash case

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – A federal jury convicted a former Louisiana congressman Wednesday of taking bribes on 11 of 16 counts in a case in which agents found $90,000 in his freezer.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat who had represented parts of New Orleans, was accused of accepting more than $400,000 in bribes and seeking millions more in exchange for brokering business deals in Africa. He was convicted of charges including bribery, racketeering and money laundering. He was acquitted of counts including obstruction of justice and violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090805/ap_on_re_us/us_jefferson_trial

What? That can't be, he is a lefty.

Sweet, I hope they put him in a cell right next to one of the ACORN people who are convicted of vote fraud...

Wasn't he re-elected with all those charges pending?

He was re-elected in 2006, but he was defeated in 2008. Personally I think they should've elected him and just waited for the special election. The Republican in that district is definitely going to be defeated in 2010, though.

Is Jefferson a leader in the Democratic party?

of course not...he's black.....why the Dems don't even let Obama lead....I've seen all those posts that say you can't blame Obama for health care or stimulus packages or budget deficits or unemployment.....so obviously, it isn't Obama that's leading......

of course not...he's black.....why the Dems don't even let Obama lead....I've seen all those posts that say you can't blame Obama for health care or stimulus packages or budget deficits or unemployment.....so obviously, it isn't Obama that's leading......

You are the second most annoying poster on the board to talk to (after dixie).

You are the second most annoying poster on the board to talk to (after dixie).

and yet I continue to have interesting conversations with intelligent posters.....isn't it ironic....

by the way, can you deny that the Democrats have a history of not letting blacks (who comprise the majority of their voting base) take leadership positions in the party?.....look what happened to Jackson....to Sharpton.....shucks, most black Democrats aren't even allowed names in the news....they're just the Black Caucus......Obama made history twice.....first black man allowed to "lead" the Democrat Party, first black man elected president......

Last edited:
and yet I continue to have interesting conversations with intelligent posters.....isn't it ironic....

by the way, can you deny that the Democrats have a history of not letting blacks (who comprise the majority of their voting base) take leadership positions in the party?.....look what happened to Jackson....to Sharpton.....shucks, most black Democrats aren't even allowed names in the news....they're just the Black Caucus......Obama made history twice.....first black man allowed to "lead" the Democrat Party, first black man elected president......

You and dixie should really get together and pop one out. I think it'd be the most hilarious thing ever.

Back