Patrick Lawrence: The Rape of Lady Justice | Scheerpost

Scott

Verified User
Just finished reading the article with the same name as this thread, published today. I think it was quite good. I've been a fan of Patrick Lawrence for quite a while, so it's not susprising I'd think so. I'd like to point out that I definitely think that Mr. Lawrence is a bit more right wing than I am. I think this is evident in that he says nothing about Trump's suitability to be President. I think the fact that Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the 2024 Presidential elections to be something of a travesty. Can the Republican party not do better? Apparently not.

Mr. Lawrence doesn't get into Trump's suitability, but he does make a lot of points that I think are spot on. Hopefully some constructive discussion can come of his article. Here's a bit of it:

Now we have a Miami grand jury handing up indictments on 37 charges related to the documents case. Of these, we must note, 31 counts come under the Espionage Act of 1917.

This escalates matters very considerably. A former president and a current contender for the presidency now faces the gravest charge for which American law provides.

Trump now keeps company with, among others, Eugene Debs, Emma Goldman, Alexander Berkman, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Daniel Ellsberg, Chelsea Manning, Julian Assange, and Edward Snowden — others charged under the Espionage Act since the Wilson administration passed this unambiguously unconstitutional law to silence those critical of America’s entry into World War I a century and some ago.

[snip]

Our corporate media become more Pravda-like by the day as the travesties mount, publishing perfectly obvious fallacies in naked-emperor fashion. I do not care how many buffoons the major dailies field of the Peter Baker or Maggie Haberman sort, who spend their working days producing this silly-but-frightening stuff. Nighttime is still dark, the daytime light. The corrupt and corrupting are still corrupt.

What is being done to our judiciary is as we see it. And it lands us in the gravest circumstance of my lifetime.

Source:

Just finished reading the article with the same name as this thread, published today. I think it was quite good. I've been a fan of Patrick Lawrence for quite a while, so it's not susprising I'd think so. I'd like to point out that I definitely think that Mr. Lawrence is a bit more right wing than I am. I think this is evident in that he says nothing about Trump's suitability to be President. I think the fact that Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the 2024 Presidential elections to be something of a travesty. Can the Republican party not do better? Apparently not.

Mr. Lawrence doesn't get into Trump's suitability, but he does make a lot of points that I think are spot on. Hopefully some constructive discussion can come of his article. Here's a bit of it:

Now we have a Miami grand jury handing up indictments on 37 charges related to the documents case. Of these, we must note, 31 counts come under the Espionage Act of 1917.

This escalates matters very considerably. A former president and a current contender for the presidency now faces the gravest charge for which American law provides.

Trump now keeps company with, among others, Eugene Debs, Emma Goldman, Alexander Berkman, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Daniel Ellsberg, Chelsea Manning, Julian Assange, and Edward Snowden — others charged under the Espionage Act since the Wilson administration passed this unambiguously unconstitutional law to silence those critical of America’s entry into World War I a century and some ago.

[snip]

Our corporate media become more Pravda-like by the day as the travesties mount, publishing perfectly obvious fallacies in naked-emperor fashion. I do not care how many buffoons the major dailies field of the Peter Baker or Maggie Haberman sort, who spend their working days producing this silly-but-frightening stuff. Nighttime is still dark, the daytime light. The corrupt and corrupting are still corrupt.

What is being done to our judiciary is as we see it. And it lands us in the gravest circumstance of my lifetime.

Source:
A pure opinion piece not based on hard facts.

Mr. Lawrence certainly voices his opinion, but his opinions are informed by the evidence that he's gathered. I imagine you disagree with at least a few of the things he says. Would you mind bringing up at least one of these disagreements?

Mr. Lawrence certainly voices his opinion, but his opinions are informed by the evidence that he's gathered. I imagine you disagree with at least a few of the things he says. Would you mind bringing up at least one of these disagreements?
E. Jean Carrol

E. Jean Carrol

That's just the name of a writer that Mr. Lawrence mentions. I'm guessing you disagree with something he said -about- Jean Carrol?

That's just the name of a writer that Mr. Lawrence mentions. I'm guessing you disagree with something he said -about- Jean Carrol?
Did you read your own article? He calls her trial preposterous and her an unknown, both lies.

The trial was preposterous. She's claiming she was raped but can't even tell us in what year it occurred. Are you fucking serious?
Yawn, we’ve had this conversation and $5 million dollars, later, the jury didn’t agree with you, Trump is found liable for sexual assault. The states need to redefine their devotion of rape to agrees with the FBI’s.

[FONT=&quot]“The revised UCR definition of rape is: Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim. Attempts or assaults to commit rape are also included; however, statutory rape and incest are excluded.”
[/FONT]

RtsoPQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

https://ucr.fbi.gov › crime-in-the-u.s

[h=3]Rape - Crime/Law Enforcement Stats (Uniform Crime Reporting Program) - FBI[/h]

Yawn, we’ve had this conversation and $5 million dollars, later, the jury didn’t agree with you, Trump is found liable for sexual assault. The states need to redefine their devotion of rape to agrees with the FBI’s.

[FONT="]“The revised UCR definition of rape is: [COLOR=#040C28]Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim[/COLOR]. Attempts or assaults to commit rape are also included; however, statutory rape and incest are excluded.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#4D5156][FONT=Roboto][COLOR=#3C4043][IMG]https://www.justplainpolitics.com/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACAAAAAgCAYAAABzenr0AAAL5ElEQVR4AaVXBVhU3RYdu7sFk 4cYoYGkTCRbgOYZGYYJkHBTuzu1ofdlIEtUnb3350qcWe9PffvrvN9t2Pvs3asdTh/NMDhtEBBQUuA0/JXT gaLc4Xm/d5UGp65HU97 zr6pjB391f1 aHt1q04HAKCjjG7 mMtv80YtCqujimG546 Ou/S4859fdOWHy PapATDcDcDrat6rd8/3rm sH7IezzvbFhQUtP7XtkDeshsKWj 8GGf2qMTf/N3KPsWvzg15WbHTG6vmxyMzKx0jRqfD2Ted8QjKYiKispCYEo88dRhObuY3v7nhUYdHLlsv7uYNLN9m3YuQ PsOodqtjRGxmkPmK/GY14iH/IatS/mIGJ Cwc4Cw1BXKePgq2QCxhYykfGzEBpdCDu wuASqGYGO0kMNjwFJiQIcWDDGNw92eOLj64M/Oz9Sv4sYyhuF9u2/TPbbMxYxP39O98v7fpl/RFrJKVmYqirjHEPVjJp4qXQzd4H7ZzjmLqwDMrpxxAavw4hsWtQsPAUZhQdhltQrsGcK2RMHLKZ4FHxeH6GBzzzecX5HgTgD/KhuDimlTHhru/34eOFx UjG11h5SVg7PhSw/jUORDr9qFo/UWoZxQjdvIiBI7RwjNUBSd/OXwi1EgWLEXUpDUw95oNka4YyVkLYe4uMlh55TAVu0fgs2t991Ud9nMx2mAn uvBZjs5h9uua rLwmDhoWyy4k6BRLcDs5dXIjyhiGYnh7WnEJYeQgxyJsOhAviHizDYRQ4rum/lkQHfSC1SxBsgLzgOiXYbuMFi9LGRNp3Z64lPrwxewto66//LnEAxp9XJZWHtnpT3Tbpf5mZw4MsbuSESSPR7kVN4FGOSZsKel0mJJ0BgpAQ9rLVoOzQPCwojsXJuFNoN09M9HRx8c AXlgVHfiZCogqRv6AUIs0u EbIYeosbag/5voG97lhrE3EtPox6Yw121AbkYDH3OaI8fFNlh4iSPU7jT8gqFVw9MlA 2H5yFONx7ZlkehhpcEARxXMuTJCSo6BTip0ttBiztSx2LxkNDqZ6 HinwV WC7E kPkxFbY8sSGcbFCA 5xP/26OjTQiPhPSBD6jTcs9pfvikI/W3FzmngJCopOI3h8Poa5idDBLB 9bTUEuwKmTgq0GaJHC9M8dLNUs1tLOm81OA/D3bONhth3O5rlwcxdiLDYGVDOOIkRUflsKI5vjQbuWq8xhpvNxttnuf3rjpgcfVzRA76hiYxPhAazlpUjU7mZ4p0JkTARIkEqulho6cda9HfIRaE2HssXTsDWJWPZzXheoIlnnxnD040QCh XiYTkDLj4ZWFMynLMXFpKoVDDzT 9 V5JL9QcNtn6pNytG fFOT9fPHLF8c1ejJWXBB6heiRLdiNwtAK9bZSQSaKhkCajs7kWfe1UMHFU4NbxYHx0PQDbl0Vh0 IJ OBqIJ5UBMKCm40 tip0MtNBJR9P TEOfW0ViIzTIypjO5z9lRjuJsf tTwKhTNunAhxYHs7XvreWTM/BeYeMqandQ56WsngGSJGLxs1ulrqaNOyP 4Xm40uHrmYPzUGh7eE46tqH3xd44Nj28JQND0a3T2V6BcnI6TUtKloy0Vfew3cA0Xoai7HAAclhUnGLJoxEXjlW2UMPefS9uF9X54Z DQpNQmOfrmMics02PvIYeMtpzjq0MdOjX609XHKRT9BNjr7qjHLIRyvdixB3Uw9qnU5ePfAWix2GomufDW9I0MfFyXNXI1eFLLWlBu2PBmsvXPQ204HW76CiU5IpwZleuPqSY unEdldiMflQ/9xi8sjeGGaA1580soYabCK3gy/rcmEo6 MnS3IPi5NLtMGTp7a5HXMwLvrN P67lLcFUwC /tPonZvcPQ1VPDvtPXS4mehJoNT4K502LgHiCgspxGeXAaXiM14AZONtwvNfv2aZnjSA4Q1q7qkMVj37Ap8B8zndHPO4Ug6nK23gJocibA0isHPSw07E/7ZcnRmatF/oBIvNiwC1WaBbgqLsSrXQcxxyQcXd20YB3gKdHdXEccIaIciSCDIgSM1iF3xnH4jcojAhPgyj6bB/jQvzPnk6vmXV c4z/yC8 ikpnDqGefRPAYip2dkmo/zxhPCgE54JZLDsjQxUeHOf3D8PXOfbiVX4R62Ux8e/g4lg0ciW48LetkX/dc9ps 9mq2Jwx0UFBSq6CaReU4oZAcEOFJuc8zPKQQvDzPDfuqhtcQGJ5hCBpXCN3cEgSPM9Y8wU2z6E5l1dVCQSgoMSBdjnZj5OB3i8VqxQrsSZuGPXFqrNevQ2C3aLSNkKH/REpCaxW6mCmoOenIAR2GuEgRETcN0vwj8B6pMXiHCA2fXfN /X6laxAHl2M6vKl1qk1JS6VWmsssWluJmInzMMBeghl5CUhOSYbPuBWUC9PR1kUCnnoO1LN2wz9uCXoOl6K3mRQuEQsgm7YLAbr56OKrgIm9FoHRKxCXmI5xsQIMcpIgdtICTFLsIRsKJip Er6tcapF9aiOnLS0tPb3S9rfUUiDYWQugXonBKqtsOOJoJRHY0xUHMZP2oi1W8uQmb0Cp04ewfWrlVi44iQ4/aXg9JNCP/sw6qsv4vCBvVDlr8fClUeJQw5BIwtGoT4Bw12FSJFsgCx/t7EPMIKsMNw/2f6 QhHTgXNln11Awy0LnNoaZBjkKERmzhoUFpXD2U/A9oEuBGP7IUrMXrSXNZ6UuRyjk5djy9admL90LwrnbsPOXXuRLl2H IyVOHToAA4eOY0BTnn0rYpISAHvUBkE2oNIFy8lZMU4uC6EabxjhqqDNuGch1SLTTeDl BxIIIis5rcgnKIQA5gXOpicIOyqLXqYe0lxdi4HFj7zkKHoQQxkY9AsRQr1 7Bmg17oZ66BsO4OrQdJIND4ByMS5yK/vZyqnsiJd8MpErWQz/3BLghcngGi5vxOBhNt4O2PTzp04fzw/jy pCVm5YEgJRMU4ZiNVQzTxL/ZxP5ZGPS5EQc2RSCbpSI/R01lFhatBuqJlZUo6eNhshJQ91STV1PR7JNiIpdPISPl2AInY9OnM5qg4j4GfRvRdPSOcH4tm7Ixl9oAYDTquqAqf27582eB0UmkdJRGgKiimBJUi4iNo/4fTIsqc0SGbFlGRklgGuAjDXe20YFfqiI2m02VQw1Ins1ISeBqx/1lVEaaGafwLi0lUTpYoNH8MSmDy Zf3vzyLAYozSrJinwoxNGevzsUn / mO8N5aeikZrzynIn38c81efhf9ovVHtUDyVLP0Wrw0hlkw1ChGWpDYuHokZ gRCIo/UkQKW3CyMSpgJ7dyTkOiL4T1CjKFumoaqw3x8eNkkFdXVbVibPx/V68gbVpK5rL5ydCwJ0dwmXpgckxXbkKU5AJF6E3ihEjj5iWDPzyCdkE25kEsUnEO8IYSrvwhOviL4R8opIdeySSdU74CXkdSsZU2HNweCpPpO46IG D1NSELR ODOSW8XPHM9umWJB8VT0kxazxA7pQgLCImConKCcxkrMoLGauE1Iht EQqEx04DL1xPz5Zj3qpKpMt3k5gpJNSEGOauYvasjTB8XtXnfNkOcy8j9MU0 z V5aamXh0elXf54vJ V4yOlpAjsmaqDiZduhJS0okL11QiiTSDfcB8qvdjWLLxIrxGLUXA EVUikVwCZAxAx0kjGdwOvV8HvDC59uzWwq6/zBRzp NHzRi7VGb5XjB 6zhJu/zoplBVKJTyBExaUCZwSNUy/Aj8gz2vkpEJswmJUznPjmMOTfbMMw1GwGRYqxdFIP6o/0bP7o88O37ldztP4T57y/PgNbXylN6PT/lNuCDS/0O3D1lVrd3VQDy1MmISZoC3ogMas9Cxs5bwPBJno JSYNYNBZ7VoXgg4vujyjex16dC7GoLB4xrLiA0xb4TwvUlqyWR8NQJ9y23YGH/GuX9w1 WXVoML6qIYMXfF4 ruhf923N0A14NtD7w7NEs5wfFO9/WaSS18a8wC W12dbGy9fnTUxfX7GpLTxpmcpHkSacNi8QstfL3Z /f2vx/8BFvAI/RtsoPQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/IMG]
[url]https://ucr.fbi.gov[/url] › crime-in-the-u.s
[/COLOR]
[h=3][URL="https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/violent-crime/rape#:~:text=The%20revised%20UCR%20definition%20of,rape%20and%20incest%20are%20excluded."]Rape - Crime/Law Enforcement Stats (Uniform Crime Reporting Program) - FBI[/URL][/h]

It's a legal decision that doesnt mean the trial wasnt preposterous. I've noticed leftist "logic" is very faulty

Did you read your own article?

Every word.

He calls her trial preposterous and her an unknown, both lies.

I'd certainly never heard of her before the first trial, but I admit I'd overlooked him calling her case preposterous. As I said in the opening post, Patrick Lawrence is a tad more right wing than I am and in moments like this, it shows. So I'll give you the point here. You may have noticed, however, that I didn't bring up Carroll at all in the quotes of Lawrence's article that I mentioned in the opening post. My largest concern is the double standards being applied to Trump. Quoting from Lawrence's article:

Hillary Clinton, James Comey, James Clapper, John Brennan, Joe Biden, the last as vice-president and now president: This is an extremely truncated list of those who, since Trump’s election in 2016, have gone uninvestigated, untried and un-convicted as felons, and I use this term advisedly.

Clinton’s breach of security was vastly worse than the worst Trump is accused of. Clapper and Brennan lied to Congress under oath. Even according to the incomplete record available to us, an investigation of Biden’ Ukrainian and Chinese business dealings would almost certainly leave him in an orange jumpsuit.

These are a few of the countless replies available to us as we consider the equal-under-the-law argument the Democratic establishment now cultivates and Peter Baker summarizes.

Source:

Projection

No its a fact. I said the trial was preposterous and your reply was the jury disagreed with me. This clearly states your belief that a decision by the jury means the trial isnt preposterous. That's not only illogical it's asinine.

Every word.

I'd certainly never heard of her before the first trial, but I admit I'd overlooked him calling her case preposterous. As I said in the opening post, Patrick Lawrence is a tad more right wing than I am and in moments like this, it shows. So I'll give you the point here. You may have noticed, however, that I didn't bring up Carroll at all in the quotes of Lawrence's article that I mentioned in the opening post. My largest concern is the double standards being applied to Trump. Quoting from Lawrence's article:

Hillary Clinton, James Comey, James Clapper, John Brennan, Joe Biden, the last as vice-president and now president: This is an extremely truncated list of those who, since Trump’s election in 2016, have gone uninvestigated, untried and un-convicted as felons, and I use this term advisedly.

Clinton’s breach of security was vastly worse than the worst Trump is accused of. Clapper and Brennan lied to Congress under oath. Even according to the incomplete record available to us, an investigation of Biden’ Ukrainian and Chinese business dealings would almost certainly leave him in an orange jumpsuit.

These are a few of the countless replies available to us as we consider the equal-under-the-law argument the Democratic establishment now cultivates and Peter Baker summarizes.

Source:
His thinking what Hillary and Biden did is worse than Trump is what is preposterous. This guy is a moron. Some of the best legal minds in America state Trump is in trouble and the case is tight. Biden was investigated by Republicans and they found nothing criminal in regards to Burisma. This guy is just repeating discredited talking points.

Hard fact is that Trump alone of many prominent politicians is being charged for mishandling classified documents. As Alan Dershowitz points out, there's a strong case to be made that the prosecution is targeted rather than dispassionate. That is going to make it harder for the prosecution to justify the charges to begin with.

His thinking what Hillary and Biden did is worse than Trump is what is preposterous. This guy is a moron. Some of the best legal minds in America state Trump is in trouble and the case is tight. Biden was investigated by Republicans and they found nothing criminal in regards to Burisma. This guy is just repeating discredited talking points.

What Hillary did was worse. Biden, not so much. Biden's situation is more like moron doing stupid things. Hillary on the other hand fully knew she was circumventing a whole raft of laws and regulations on government correspondence and records keeping. She did it. She hid it. When caught, she trashed the records in large part. In between she let those records go who knows where both on purpose and through being hacked. Hillary was much worse.

Hard fact is that Trump alone of many prominent politicians is being charged for mishandling classified documents. As Alan Dershowitz points out, there's a strong case to be made that the prosecution is targeted rather than dispassionate. That is going to make it harder for the prosecution to justify the charges to begin with.
Alan will say anything for a Fox paycheck. Trump is being targeted because he breaks the law. It’s what happens when you commit a crime.

What Hillary did was worse. Biden, not so much. Biden's situation is more like moron doing stupid things. Hillary on the other hand fully knew she was circumventing a whole raft of laws and regulations on government correspondence and records keeping. She did it. She hid it. When caught, she trashed the records in large part. In between she let those records go who knows where both on purpose and through being hacked. Hillary was much worse.
Nope, sorry, it’s not even close. Trump’s crimes are worse.

Source:

His thinking what Hillary and Biden did is worse than Trump is what is preposterous.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

This guy is a moron.

I imagine you know that insulting someone generally doesn't make a point stronger.

Some of the best legal minds in America state Trump is in trouble and the case is tight.

I think Lawrence would agree with you that Trump is probably in trouble. It appears that one of his main issues is that there is a double standard being applied when it comes to Trump as opposed to other former Presidents/Presidential candidates.

Biden was investigated by Republicans and they found nothing criminal in regards to Burisma.

The fact that old guard Republicans found nothing criminal in Biden's doings doesn't exonerate him. This isn't just about Burisma either. Patrick Lawrence wrote an article on Biden's possession of classified documents back in January:

Patrick Lawrence: Biden’s Secret Stash | Scheerpost

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?

I imagine you know that insulting someone generally doesn't make a point stronger.

I think Lawrence would agree with you that Trump is probably in trouble. It appears that one of his main issues is that there is a double standard being applied when it comes to Trump as opposed to other former Presidents/Presidential candidates.

The fact that old guard Republicans found nothing criminal in Biden's doings doesn't exonerate him. This isn't just about Burisma either. Patrick Lawrence wrote an article on Biden's possession of classified documents back in January:

Patrick Lawrence: Biden’s Secret Stash | Scheerpost
Sorry, I’m not reading anymore of his opinionated screed.

Back