Pete Carroll

cawacko

giphy.gif

He's cemented as a great coach!
He's a great play caller, he opened up when 99 percent of coaches would have milked the clock.
He's peppy for the second oldest coach in the league.
Seahawks may have the best D ever.

I'm happy for Pete...I keep telling people the Seahawks are the USC trojans of the NFL.

Right? You have a Trojan winning coach. A Trojan won the MVP and a Trojan, Marcus Allen delivered the trophy to the commissioner. Great day all around.

Mott's jealous that OSU choked again this year. Also, the media was rooting against them all the way, expressing how pissed they would be if OSU qualified for the BCS championship game.

Havent always understood what Pete was doing building this team but he did and look what he made...

Been a Seahawk fan as long as there was one. Pretty happy and especially for Wilson who grew up in my home town.

Bets on how many teams try to try running his defenae next year ?

The only team who can hurt this defense is the Seahawks with penalties (all our losses this year were due to this) or how to hold back an offense with a healthy Harvin, a confident Kearse, the reincarnation of Largent Mr Baldwin and the definition of clutch Tata along with TE Miller. That crew could make Mannings crew look ordinary. Cant wait till next year.

I don't think it's about a complicated scheme!
It's about legion of boom.
And an underrated Dline that rattled Payton without much blitzing.
It's not about X's and O's
It's about Jimmy's and joe's.

Havent always understood what Pete was doing building this team but he did and look what he made...

Been a Seahawk fan as long as there was one. Pretty happy and especially for Wilson who grew up in my home town.

Bets on how many teams try to try running his defenae next year ?

The only team who can hurt this defense is the Seahawks with penalties (all our losses this year were due to this) or how to hold back an offense with a healthy Harvin, a confident Kearse, the reincarnation of Largent Mr Baldwin and the definition of clutch Tata along with TE Miller. That crew could make Mannings crew look ordinary. Cant wait till next year.

A lot of folks here in SF were giving Kaepernick a hard time after the Championship Game loss but in retrospect look how well he played IN Seattle compared to Manning on a neutral field.

A lot of folks here in SF were giving Kaepernick a hard time after the Championship Game loss but in retrospect look how well he played IN Seattle compared to Manning on a neutral field.
Having a good set of wheels helps offset the line pressure. Brees has no wheels and would up paying like Manning did. And SF have seen us before, nobody believes it when they first see it. Its a little like the HAVOC defense my school VCU runs, we surprise a lot of people with it.

I don't think it's about a complicated scheme!
It's about legion of boom.
And an underrated Dline that rattled Payton without much blitzing.
It's not about X's and O's
It's about Jimmy's and joe's.
Its not a complicated scheme, any pro coach understands it. Trouble it in finding an offensive game plan to deal with it. Denver had the right plan, short quick passing game hopefully with some running. Trouble is they had turnovers and got down so much they couldnt afford the short yardage game, that dialed up the line's ability to pressure Manning harder and he gets very ordinary when pressured (New England owed him using this principle).

The Bears defense some years back was also simple, blitz blitz blitz. And that worked until people started using a ball control short passing game to make using all those blitzers hurt you by jot being able to cover the run after catch.

But it is s bit of a new defense and others will try it and if they have the guys for it, it may work for them.

I think we should trade Bree's.
We had to get rid of all pro lineman to keep him.
Draft a couple mobile qb's
Brees puts fannies in the seats, cant trade him. SD learned that lesson. You do need to get another QB to groom because he wont play a lot longer. He will renegotiate to spread his compensation out into his retirement to get a line and reload at WR.

Back