pick your best defensive backfield NFL last 30 years

Hard to argue with the Corners although Rod Woodson could be in the conversation

Agree on Ed Reed

No way Dawkins was better than Troy Polamalu. Not even close

Hard to argue with the Corners although Rod Woodson could be in the conversation

Agree on Ed Reed

No way Dawkins was better than Troy Polamalu. Not even close

i was torn on polamalu. I love him, he was awesome, but he was a ball hawk like reed, whereas dawkins was the punisher. troy would have def been my next choice. and a very good call on woodson, definitely top 5

i was torn on polamalu. I love him, he was awesome, but he was a ball hawk like reed, whereas dawkins was the punisher. troy would have def been my next choice. and a very good call on woodson, definitely top 5

Dawkins was a phenomenal safety and a big hitter. Polamalu was a human highlight reel in his prime. Completely changed the complexion of games. He was one of the most instinctual players I have ever seen. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time

Polamalu, Lott, and probably harder for some of you to take...

...Darrelle Revis.

And as a Giants fan, I gotta mention Emlen Tunnell.

Malcolm Butler who single handedly clinched an amazing come from behind super bowl victory for the pats in their game against the seahawks with a goal line interception.

He was amply rewarded by being benched by belichick a short while later and then being cut from the team. This proves that no good deed goes unpunished.

Good thing you limited to the last 30 years as DB’s are definitely not as good as they were previous to rule changes. Particularly where tackling is concerned. Not one mentioned could make an open field tackle on Earl Campbell in his prime. Ronnie Lott didn’t. I saw Ken the rattler Riley do it and Donnie Shell knocked him out of a game with cracked ribs with an open field tackle. I don’t know how many times I saw Campbell running through the secondary with a couple of DB’s hanging off of him. Imagine if he was playing today and permitted to hit defenders like you could back then. Deion Sanders would have shit himself and got out of the way.

Last edited:
Back