Picture of Hillary "dodging sniper fire": Innocent mistake or chronic liar?

Little-Acorn

Here's a picture of Hillary's arrival at the air base in Bosnia on the date in question:

hillarybosnia.jpg

Obviously she didn't dodge much of anything there, perhaps except difficult questions.

She has since said that she "misspoke", that she had "made a mistake".

How on earth can you make a "mistake" like that? Had she dodged sniper fire in other places and just mistakenly included that Bosnia visit with the rest?

As far as I know, she has never dodged sniper fire, ever, anywhere. Military people who worked on her trip to Bosnia back then, have said that heads would have rolled everywhere if they had allowed the then-First Lady to enter any kind of danger zone at all. That base in Bosnia was safer than most kindergartens today, even in wealthy neighborhoods.

So, if Hillary had never been under any kind of fire anywhere, and had had nothing but friendly, open greetings with the usual pomp and circumstance on every foreign or domestic trip she has ever made... how could she "accidentally" relate being under sniper fire at one of them?

If someone shot at or near me (happened once), I would remember it clearly. And I'm sure that if no one had ever done that, I wouldn't have any lingering memory that could pop into my consciousness when I was tired or whatever, causing me to "misspeak" and claim someone had.

Hillary didn't "misspeak" or "make a mistake". She flat-out lied, for purposes of looking more "experienced" and so more qualified to be President. Her only mistake, was in thinking she could get away with it. Maybe she thought the press was as fawning today, as they were when she was calling herself "co-President", and would never do something as undigified as calling her a liar when she lied to them?

The (Bill) Clinton administration was notorious for telling flat lies and filing false charges, from "Monica was a stalker" to charging Travel Office employee Billy Dale with malfeasance and forcing the man to exhaust his life savings on lawyers, only to have a jury find him innocent in 20 minutes.

Now we're in the middle of the 2008 campaign season. But it looks like nothing has changed, except the gender of the Clinton telling the lies. And possibly not that, either.

Take away her confusion and previous statement (or perhaps lie), and you have an excellent example of diplomacy at work. I am sure that this same picture and true story made papers all over Bosnia and helped boost a more positive image of America. I made two deployments to Bosnia. We were always briefed on the threat of sniper-fire among other threats (and briefed and briefed and briefed). I can remember both the excitement and nervousness of some soldiers on their first deployments.

Hillary surely received one of our finest military threat-filled briefings and may have experienced a level of stress and fear that left a mark on her pysche. Even though her actual experience turned out to be quite peaceful, it might be a vivid fear that she felt before landing that created a lasting memory. Maybe she mispoke or maybe she lied. From the picture posted here, it sure looks like she represented America well.

But Go Dems, keep tearing each other up....

From the picture posted here, it sure looks like she represented America well.

But rather than simply take THAT, she had to create a "better" story. This whole thing is an example of BAD judgment on her part. I first heard of this claim about 6 MONTHS ago, but she has consistently repeated the lie in the intervening time. GOOD judgment would be to (not lie in the first place...) stop the lie once someone catches it, not repeat it over and over and over for another six months.

One way or another, "she" made a mess out of it. Both Dems "Barack and Hillary" have had a stormy March in Politics. McCain has had a pretty good one, but who knows what fortunes April holds. At least March wasn't dull!

Back