Planned Parenthood, Avoids reporting Sexual Abuse...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Posted without comment.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/12/03/undercover-at-planned-parenthood/

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2113345/indiana_planned_parenthood_covers_up_sexual_abuse_of_13_year_old/"]Indiana Planned Parenthood Covers Up Sexual Abuse of 13-year Old - Video[/ame]

Press release from Live Action Films — a new media movement for life:

BLOOMINGTON, IN, December 3 –- New footage released today from an undercover camera inside an abortion clinic in Bloomington shows Planned Parenthood staff deliberately violating the state’s mandatory reporting laws for sexual abuse.

The footage shows Lila Rose, a UCLA student journalist and president of right-to-life advocacy group Live Action, posing as a 13-year-old girl. In an appointment with a Planned Parenthood nurse, Rose says she has been impregnated by a 31-year-old man, a clear case of child molestation under Indiana state law.

On tape, the nurse acknowledges her responsibility to report the abuse, but assures Rose she will not. The nurse says, “I am supposed to report to Child Protective Services,” but tells Rose, “Okay, I didn’t hear the age [of the 31-year-old]. I don’t want to know the age.”

She then instructs Rose how to obtain a secret abortion by crossing state lines in order to avoid Indiana’s parental consent law. The nurse also coaches Rose to cover for the 31-year-old man by saying he is only 14. She says, “You’ve seen him around, you know he’s 14, he’s in your grade and whatever. You know what I mean.”

More at link... Video...

Also posed without comment:

A local Planned Parenthood employee has been suspended after the release of a video surreptitiously shot at a clinic which shows a woman who identifies herself as a 13-year-old being given advice that is a violation of the organization’s policies.

A statement by Betty Cockrum, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Indiana, was released Wednesday in response to the video shot by a UCLA student who said she visited the Bloomington Planned Parenthood office in June, posing as a young teen. She said she spoke to a nurse there and told her she was 13 and pregnant from sex with an adult.

“We are deeply concerned about the content of the video,” the prepared statement read. “While we cannot be certain whether this video has been altered, the apparent actions of the employee would be in violation of our strict policies and procedures. Therefore, a thorough internal investigation of this matter has begun, and the employee has been put on an immediate, unpaid suspension. Further disciplinary action will be taken if warranted by the investigation.”

In a telephone interview, Cockrum said Planned Parenthood places “incredible importance” on following the law. “Our policy is to comply with Indiana and federal law.” A sexual act between an adult and a person who has not reached his or her 14th birthday must be reported to the Department of Child Protective Services or a law enforcement agency, Cockrum said.

Asked what the consequences are for a medical provider not following this procedure, Cockrum said, “It puts that employee at risk with their employment,” and not reporting the incident is a misdemeanor criminal offense.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2008/12/03/news.qp-7721386.sto

Personally, I agree with the nurse.

Each case should be handled differently based on circumstance, especially with a girl as young as 13.

Personally, I agree with the nurse.

Each case should be handled differently based on circumstance, especially with a girl as young as 13.

BAC, you agree that a 31 year old that has been screwing a 13 year old should be left alone???

Surely I am misunderstanding you.

BAC, you agree that a 31 year old that has been screwing a 13 year old should be left alone???

Surely I am misunderstanding you.

I agree that there is no one size fits all for cases of sexual abuse.

Many times reporting such cases only puts the life of the victim in greater danger and quite often keeps victims from even reporting the crime or seeking help.

I think this was a planned stunt, not designed to help victims of abuse, but designed to discredit Planned Parenthood.

Never known the right to have problems with 13 year old girls being screwed by 31 year old men. It's legal in Alabama.

I agree that there is no one size fits all for cases of sexual abuse.

Many times reporting such cases only puts the life of the victim in greater danger and quite often keeps victims from even reporting the crime or seeking help.

I think this was a planned stunt, not designed to help victims of abuse, but designed to discredit Planned Parenthood.

Never known the right to have problems with 13 year old girls being screwed by 31 year old men. It's legal in Alabama.

I agree there are probably some gray areas.

But a 31 man screwing a 13 year old girl is not one of them. Its child abuse.

And just to clarify Alabama law, if the person is over 16 and has sex with someone under 16 but older than 12, they are guilty of second degree rape (provided the older one is more than 2 years older than the younger).

Anyone who is 13 is not legally capable of giving consent. That makes it rape.

The real point here is that this woman from UCLA went to THIS planned parenthood. They must have known that somethng was up here. You don't just randomly find a nurse that is going to disregard the law. The police need to interrogate the nurse and find out why it was she did it and just how the woman from UCLA KNEW to go to this particular clinic.

The real point here is that this woman from UCLA went to THIS planned parenthood. They must have known that somethng was up here. You don't just randomly find a nurse that is going to disregard the law. The police need to interrogate the nurse and find out why it was she did it and just how the woman from UCLA KNEW to go to this particular clinic.

The nurse needs to be unemployed. And if that branch of Planned Parenthood knew what was going, they need to padlock the door.

Back