Please stop lying that you voted for the Vice President.

Hume

Verified User
No ballot lists a separate place to vote for the vice president. You can only vote for a President, which is listed with the vice president.

So you can vote exclusively for the President? I just don't remember what my ballot looks like, 4 years ago.
On our ballot you vote for president and VP together. There's a space to write in a name but the machine is going to count it as a vote for president only. Example: if the voter doesn't fill in the oval for Biden/Harris and instead writes Harris's name on the line, it's going to be counted as one vote for Harris as president, not vice-president.

On our ballot you vote for president and VP together. There's a space to write in a name but the machine is going to count it as a vote for president only. Example: if the voter doesn't fill in the oval for Biden/Harris and instead writes Harris's name on the line, it's going to be counted as one vote for Harris as president, not vice-president.
In American history it seems you could vote for President and Vice President separately, but not sure.

So far I only found this. Most of the articles don't say much about the vice-president

"The president and vice president of the United States campaign together and are elected as a team and not individually following the adoption of the 12th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which was drafted to prevent the nation's two highest elected officials from being from opposing political parties. ..

It's important to understand that presidential and vice-presidential candidates run together on the same ticket. Voters do not elect them separately but as a team. Voters choose presidents primarily based on their party affiliation, and their running mates typically are only minor factors in the decision-making process."

So far I only found this. Most of the articles don't say much about the vice-president

"The president and vice president of the United States campaign together and are elected as a team and not individually following the adoption of the 12th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which was drafted to prevent the nation's two highest elected officials from being from opposing political parties. ..

It's important to understand that presidential and vice-presidential candidates run together on the same ticket. Voters do not elect them separately but as a team. Voters choose presidents primarily based on their party affiliation, and their running mates typically are only minor factors in the decision-making process."

I think you could vote independently for president and vice president. Political parties were not as divided as now.

No ballot lists a separate place to vote for the vice president. You can only vote for a President, which is listed with the vice president.
I voted for both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, but I voted for Harris in the primary.

Would you have voted for Biden, if he had chosen some Nut flake like J.D. Vance to be on the ticket with him?

I certainly would not have.

Oh no,........not another "Legion for we are many sig line" Christie,.....you are the total opposite of me politically but that doesnt mean I do not think you are a good person,...I do. Thats why I am taking the time to ask you not to do what you are doing to yourself by using that sig line. Vote for whoever you want to, post as you always have,...but just dont do that. Its not good to play around with those kind of things,...even in jest. Instead of honoring " legion" it is much better to be the man who was saved from " legion" by our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Legion was and IS doomed,....the man had a much better fate. :thinking: And for the record,....this post has NOTHING to do with politics whatsoever,....in fact politics are at the bottom in comparison.

Back