Politics as Usual?

jollie

The Daily Breeze --the paper that carried Geraldine Ferraro's original remarks about how, if Obama were white, he wouldn't be beating Hillary Clinton--follows up with the former Democratic veep candidate, who has this to say in her defense:

"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," Ferraro said. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"[Emphasis added.]

Yes, it's TRUE, Gerry! ANYTHING critical of Obama, now, will make you, and ANYBODY, a racist!
BTW- The Democrats STILL cant tell who won Texas' Caucus! And THEY want to tear up our Heathcare and "Rebuild" it! Have you ever been to DMV? And what about the Social Security System and medicare they bankrupted?
Well, scumbag Elliot Spitzer finally quit. I don't understand-WHY do Lib women always STAND BY these scumbag. power-hungry sleazeball perverts, like Bill Clinton and Spitzer? Can a Lib woman tell me that?

Jollie you are a complete fool GF said he was only there because hes Black. She is the one who brough up race.

How many republican wives have you seen standig by their man over the last dozen scandals involving gay sex in bathrooms the like?

You are a complete fool.

Hmmmm. Let's see what Geraldine Ferraro circa December 2006 had to say about the matter:

“All evidence is that a white female has an advantage over a black male — for reasons of our cultural heritage,” said the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, the civil rights leader who ran for president in 1984 and 1988. Still, he said, for African-American and female candidates, “It’s easier — emphatically so.”

Ms. Ferraro offered a similar sentiment. “I think it’s more realistic for a woman than it is for an African-American,” said Ms. Ferraro. “There is a certain amount of racism that exists in the United States — whether it’s conscious or not it’s true.”

“Women are 51 percent of the population,” she added.

Basically, Ferraro back then said that being black was a negative whereas now. . . not so much. She should just shut up.

And I'm not saying she's racist, I'm saying she's gotten stupid over the past two years. She was right back then.

Back