Poll: Most Americans want Trump found guilty

signalmankenneth

Verified User
So far, the fact that former President Donald Trump has been criminally indicted four times this year has done little to dent his support among Republican voters.

But what if he’s eventually convicted?

A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll has found that in that scenario, even some current Trump supporters could start to have second thoughts about casting their ballots for him in 2024.

The survey of 1,665 U.S. adults was conducted from Aug. 17 to 21 — after the news of Trump’s most recent indictment, for allegedly orchestrating a racketeering ring to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia, had some time to sink in, but before he surrendered Thursday at the Fulton County Jail.

The results are striking.

A Trump conviction could upend the GOP primary

Asked about their current preference for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, a full 52% of potential Republican primary voters — that is, voters who identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning independents — selected Trump.

That makes him the party’s undisputed frontrunner, with the next closest candidate, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, trailing by 40 percentage points.

But when the same voters are asked a new follow-up question — “If Trump is convicted of a serious crime in the coming months, who would you vote for in your state’s 2024 Republican primary?” — support for the former president suddenly plummets by 17 points (to just 35%). Support for DeSantis, on the other hand, rises by 8 points (to 20%).

Another 17% say they’re not sure (up from 14%). No other candidate gains more than a point or two.

Biden also stands to benefit

Asking registered voters who they would vote for in next year’s general election “if Trump is convicted of a serious crime” produces a similar (though smaller) shift. In that case, support for President Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, holds steady at 47%. But support for Trump falls by 3 points, from 41% to 38%, while the overall number of voters who say they're not sure (9%) or that they would not vote (6%) increases by 3 points.

That gives Biden a 9-point lead.

In 2020, Biden defeated Trump by 4.5 percentage points nationwide — enough for a 306-232 Electoral College victory.

If Biden were to double his previous margin in 2024, Trump would lose in a landslide. By the same token, if Trump were to shed 17 points of GOP primary support in Iowa, the first caucus state, his lead there would shrink to single digits, according to the latest polling.

For observers who have long wondered if anything could ever loosen Trump’s iron grip on the GOP, such numbers offer a provisional answer: perhaps being found guilty of serious crimes — and possibly even sentenced to prison — on the brink of a high-stakes presidential election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-tru...or-2024-if-convicted-of-crimes-170551983.html

Trump_prision_50.jpg

[FONT=&]So far, the fact that former President Donald Trump has been criminally indicted four times this year has done little to dent his support among Republican voters.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]But what if he’s eventually convicted?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll has found that in that scenario, even some current Trump supporters could start to have second thoughts about casting their ballots for him in 2024.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The survey of 1,665 U.S. adults was conducted from Aug. 17 to 21 — after the news of Trump’s most recent indictment, for allegedly orchestrating a racketeering ring to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia, had some time to sink in, but before he surrendered Thursday at the Fulton County Jail.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The results are striking.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Asked about their current preference for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, a full 52% of potential Republican primary voters — that is, voters who identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning independents — selected Trump.

That makes him the party’s undisputed frontrunner, with the next closest candidate, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, trailing by 40 percentage points.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]But when the same voters are asked a new follow-up question — “If Trump is convicted of a serious crime in the coming months, who would you vote for in your state’s 2024 Republican primary?” — support for the former president suddenly plummets by 17 points (to just 35%). Support for DeSantis, on the other hand, rises by 8 points (to 20%).

Another 17% say they’re not sure (up from 14%). No other candidate gains more than a point or two.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Asking registered voters who they would vote for in next year’s general election “if Trump is convicted of a serious crime” produces a similar (though smaller) shift. In that case, support for President Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, holds steady at 47%. But support for Trump falls by 3 points, from 41% to 38%, while the overall number of voters who say they're not sure (9%) or that they would not vote (6%) increases by 3 points.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]That gives Biden a 9-point lead.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]In 2020, Biden defeated Trump by 4.5 percentage points nationwide — enough for a 306-232 Electoral College victory.

If Biden were to double his previous margin in 2024, Trump would lose in a landslide. By the same token, if Trump were to shed 17 points of GOP primary support in Iowa, the first caucus state, his lead there would shrink to single digits, according to the latest polling.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]For observers who have long wondered if anything could ever loosen Trump’s iron grip on the GOP, such numbers offer a provisional answer: perhaps being found guilty of serious crimes — and possibly even sentenced to prison — on the brink of a high-stakes presidential election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-tru...or-2024-if-convicted-of-crimes-170551983.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

Trump_prision_50.jpg
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

You mean most of the 1665 Americans polled want him found guilty. I say good for them but who gives a fuck?

I actually don't give a fat flying fuck about that.

I just want the orangutan to disappear

and bring his 74,000,000 trumpanzees with him.

[FONT=&]So far, the fact that former President Donald Trump has been criminally indicted four times this year has done little to dent his support among Republican voters.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]But what if he’s eventually convicted?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll has found that in that scenario, even some current Trump supporters could start to have second thoughts about casting their ballots for him in 2024.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The survey of 1,665 U.S. adults was conducted from Aug. 17 to 21 — after the news of Trump’s most recent indictment, for allegedly orchestrating a racketeering ring to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia, had some time to sink in, but before he surrendered Thursday at the Fulton County Jail.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The results are striking.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Asked about their current preference for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, a full 52% of potential Republican primary voters — that is, voters who identify as Republicans or Republican-leaning independents — selected Trump.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]But when the same voters are asked a new follow-up question — “If Trump is convicted of a serious crime in the coming months, who would you vote for in your state’s 2024 Republican primary?” — support for the former president suddenly plummets by 17 points (to just 35%). Support for DeSantis, on the other hand, rises by 8 points (to 20%).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Asking registered voters who they would vote for in next year’s general election “if Trump is convicted of a serious crime” produces a similar (though smaller) shift. In that case, support for President Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, holds steady at 47%. But support for Trump falls by 3 points, from 41% to 38%, while the overall number of voters who say they're not sure (9%) or that they would not vote (6%) increases by 3 points.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]That gives Biden a 9-point lead.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]In 2020, Biden defeated Trump by 4.5 percentage points nationwide — enough for a 306-232 Electoral College victory.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]For observers who have long wondered if anything could ever loosen Trump’s iron grip on the GOP, such numbers offer a provisional answer: perhaps being found guilty of serious crimes — and possibly even sentenced to prison — on the brink of a high-stakes presidential election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-tru...or-2024-if-convicted-of-crimes-170551983.html[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

Trump_prision_50.jpg
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

Another random number.
Another utterly useless 'poll'.

How wonderful...

Now the Left wants "justice" to be done by mob rule and popular vote. How wonderfully Stalinist of them...

Elections are about turnout and right now the democrats are not motivated by Biden, Trump supporters are.

There is no way Biden wins unless he cheats again.

Elections are about turnout and right now the democrats are not motivated by Biden, Trump supporters are.

There is no way Biden wins unless he cheats again.

I am sure, sweetie, that everyone wants to turnout for a man facing 4 criminal indictments. Who knows by the time the election rolls around, how many times he will be found guilty.

I am sure, sweetie, that everyone wants to turnout for a man facing 4 criminal indictments. Who knows by the time the election rolls around, how many times he will be found guilty.

People are motivated to vote for Trump because they know the charges against him are fake and he's being targeted as a political opponent.

I imagine the turnout for Trump will be the largest ever in history for a US presidential candidate.

People are motivated to vote for Trump because they know the charges against him are fake and he's being targeted as a political opponent.

I imagine the turnout for Trump will be the largest ever in history for a US presidential candidate.

Thanks. You are profoundly deluded.

I must not be a person by Tink's criteria.

I can't garner any initiative at all to vote for Trump.

If he were a brand new candidate, without his incredibly massive baggage,
and I couldn't see his laughable appearance or hear his annoying voice,

I wouldn't vote for him based purely on his beliefs and policies.

I happen to be a bit too intelligent and sane for that kind of irredeemable malfeasance,
although those aren't always the preferred American traits these days.

I must not be a person by Tink's criteria.

I can't garner any initiative at all to vote for Trump.

If he were a brand new candidate, without his incredibly massive baggage,
and I couldn't see his laughable appearance or hear his annoying voice,

I wouldn't vote for him based purely on his beliefs and policies.

I happen to be a bit too intelligent and sane for that kind of irredeemable malfeasance,
although those aren't always the preferred American traits these days.

What exactly do you vote for? Would you for instance like:

Taxes to be raised?
Massive new government regulation in the marketplace?
More laws giving groups racial and gender preferences in hiring and other aspects of society?
Voter laws relaxed to the point they no longer have any significance?
Massive new government spending?
The enactment of the perpetual / generational welfare state?
How about open borders?

What do you want your candidate to do in office?

What exactly do you vote for? Would you for instance like:

Taxes to be raised?
Massive new government regulation in the marketplace?
More laws giving groups racial and gender preferences in hiring and other aspects of society?
Voter laws relaxed to the point they no longer have any significance?
Massive new government spending?
How about open borders?

What do you want your candidate to do in office?

Taxes to be raised?
Absolutely essential to adequately fund a useful government.

Massive new government regulations in the marketplace?
Absolutely required in our shamefully under-regulated private sector.

More laws giving groups racial and gender preference in hiring and other aspects of society?
Not a relative issue for me. I'm not going to work or applying for admission to a school.

Voter laws relaxed to the point where they no longer have significance?
No--easy access to voting for all eligible voters.

Massive government spending?
Absolutely required to have a sufficient social safety net and adequate infrastructure.
We get more bang for the buck doing things collectively rather than individually.

No, just functional rather than inefficient government--basically what the more civilized nations do.

Open borders?
I'm much more interested in other nations relaxing their immigration laws to let us in.

What do I want my candidate to do in office?
1. Act as though he / she had an impressive IQ and some civilized standard of social decorum and dignity.
2. Go to work every day and stay the fuck off television and social media.

Also, for a lousy four hundred grand, we can't get a decent candidate to run.
The major league baseball minimum salary for a rookie who doesn't even shave yet is $720,000.
A CEO in private business gets millions.
Conservatives hate government and don't want professional public servants.

In other words, TAG, you and I share no core values at all, but didn't we already know that?
Did you really have to ask any of those questions?

Back