Poor confused DON-old!

My wife and I are just about to leave for a birthday party (a kid's birthday) where EVERY person there will not only be a friend of mine...but each is a hard-right conservative. Most of them know that I am of the other persuasion...and we pretty much stay away from any political talk. But the grandparents of the kid do not know me that well...and have at other meets attempted to open topics best left unopened.

I will be kind and courteous no matter what, but I suspect I may have to walk away from some areas during the get-together.

Wish me well.

My wife and I are just about to leave for a birthday party (a kid's birthday) where EVERY person there will not only be a friend of mine...but each is a hard-right conservative. Most of them know that I am of the other persuasion...and we pretty much stay away from any political talk. But the grandparents of the kid do not know me that well...and have at other meets attempted to open topics best left unopened.

I will be kind and courteous no matter what, but I suspect I may have to walk away from some areas during the get-together.

Wish me well.
Good luck.

Back