Poor People are Bad for the Environment

Fearmongering. This is just a random article, AssHat, it carries no legal weight, and it's the only one I've ever seen of its kind.

I don't know what nAHZi's saying, but their are often leftist attacks on technology or goods becoming available to the poor. Look at the attacks on biotech. Much of the lefts complaints on trade and globalization are basically attacks on the poor, i.e., wanting to keep the poor poor to protect resources, limit pollution, etc.

That idiocy never works though. The Indians are going to drive and this is a clean and affordable way for them to do so. The resources saved in the purchase of the car can be used for other goods/services and eventually those will include environmental goals as their wealth increases.

I don't know what nAHZi's saying, but their are often leftist attacks on technology or goods becoming available to the poor. Look at the attacks on biotech. Much of the lefts complaints on trade and globalization are basically attacks on the poor, i.e., wanting to keep the poor poor to protect resources, limit pollution, etc.

That idiocy never works though. The Indians are going to drive and this is a clean and affordable way for them to do so. The resources saved in the purchase of the car can be used for other goods/services and eventually those will include environmental goals as their wealth increases.

I think you are overreacting, looking for the boogeyman. All I got out of the article is the relatively obvious observation that more internal combustion cars for people that previously did not have them means more congestion, pollution and demand for oil.

I think you are overreacting, looking for the boogeyman. All I got out of the article is the relatively obvious observation that more internal combustion cars for people that previously did not have them means more congestion, pollution and demand for oil.

??? No, they are whining about the cheap car specifically. They want to keep the cost prohibitive to reduce demand. The rich will still be able to drive, pollute and congest but lets make really hard for the poor.

What are you talking about overreacting/boogeyman? They will not stop the sale of the car. It will go forward and prove a great thing for their economy and environment. It's all good. I made my optimism about this clear in the second paragraph.

This is only one mans opinion, not the opinion of "the liberals".

I really don't see driving becoming the primary means of travel in a densely populated place like India. It will probably turn out the way Europe did, using primarily mass transit, bikes, and walking.

Back