Poverty and hunger to be obsolete

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel4
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel4

The challenges of our time threaten the peace and prosperity of every single nation, and no one nation can meet these challenges alone.

Reckless actions by a few have fueled a recession that spans the globe, and rising food prices means that 100 million of our fellow citizens are expected to fall into desperate poverty.

So right now, at this defining moment, we face a choice. We can either shape our future or let events shape it for us.

We can let the stale debates and old disagreements of the past divide us, or we can recognize our shared interests and shared aspirations and work together to create a safer and more prosperous world for future generations.

We must all continue our work to restore economic growth and reform our national and international financial regulatory systems.

I'm pleased that the United States has taken the lead on this reform with a sweeping overhaul of our regulatory system, a transformation on a scale that we have not seen since the aftermath of the Great Depression.

But while our markets are improving, and we averted global collapse, we know that too many people are still struggling.

Full recovery is still a way off; it would be premature to begin winding down our stimulus plans; and we must sustain our support for those plans to lay the foundation for a strong and lasting recovery.

We have committed to investing $20 billion in food security, agricultural development programs to help fight world hunger. This is in addition to the emergency humanitarian aid that we provide.

I can't decide whether or not you're an actual troll. You seem to be very serious, and this doesn't look like satire, but your avatar says "OBEY!", and you gasm over Obama like no one but a righty would do.

I can't decide whether or not you're an actual troll. You seem to be very serious, and this doesn't look like satire, but your avatar says "OBEY!", and you gasm over Obama like no one but a righty would do.

Kinda smacks of totalitarianism with Obama as the dictator.

A link or 2 would be nice DNC.

Back