Prediction: Recession guaranteed to end in a few years.

We'll be out of it by the summer of '09. The recovery might not be super-strong at first, but the current mood is much grimmer than it needs to be.

We'll be out of it by the summer of '09. The recovery might not be super-strong at first, but the current mood is much grimmer than it needs to be.

Agreed, that seems to always be the case, more grim than necessary, or more exuberant than necessary. I am putting every extra dollar into the market.

I don't think so.

Coming into a recession with a "jobless recovery" from the last one does not help things.

I was reading more about what they have in mind. They're going to create close to 3 million jobs, and get a whole new green sector up off the ground.

It's gonna hurt the deficit for awhile, but it's a real jump-start for the economy. Considering that the market has already over-compensated, I just don't see things being that dire.

If GM folds completely, it could change the equation, but they're not going to let that happen.

Yeah they are gonna... I will wait to see what actually happens.

We are down about 12 trillion at this point, debt and other commitments.
Double our debt in a couple of years....

this new administration looks poised and ready to throw us all in to a debt society where we're owned by the financial sector. Face it, they are already telling us that if we don't spend our money, they will.

this new administration looks poised and ready to throw us all in to a debt society where we're owned by the financial sector. Face it, they are already telling us that if we don't spend our money, they will.

Yep it is of course just this new administration. The republicans were not for it at all, esp McCain or Bush or,etc...

I would say more likely the fall of '09... which means the market should get out of this funk and bottom sometime around the end of the first quarter or early second quarter.

It's kind of rare that a nation can scrimp & save its way out of a recession...

I'm surprised no one has called citizen out on this yet.. I'll let it slide for an hour or so before I bust his balls.. lol

How ya gonna do that ? the definition of a depression is a prolonged recession.
so we either go into a depression or get better.
either way the recession will be over in a few years.

How ya gonna do that ? the definition of a depression is a prolonged recession.
so we either go into a depression or get better.
either way the recession will be over in a few years.

No shit, thats exactly what I was going to call you out on. Making a prediction which you can't go wrong... lol

Back