Pres Obama Breaks "No lobbyists" Pledge

red states rule

How long has he been President? Did not take long to toss this promise under the bus

Obama's Pick for Dep. Pentagon Chief Violates Pledge About Lobbyists
January 09, 2009 10:23 AM

President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be deputy secretary of defense, William Lynn, violates his campaign pledge that no lobbyists will be allowed on his team working on subjects they've recently lobbied on, Transition officials acknowledged Friday.

Officials say they were aware that Lynn had lobbied for defense giant Raytheon as recently as last summer, but they defended their pick.

"Because Mr. Lynn came so highly recommended from experts across the political spectrum, the president-elect felt it was critical that he fill this position," said Obama Transition spokesman Tommy Vietor. "We are aware that Mr. Lynn lobbied for Raytheon, and are working with Mr. Lynn to craft a role for him that is consistent with the president-elect's high standards while balancing the need to fill this critical national security position."

Lynn, a former undersecretary of defense in the Clinton administration, currently serves as senior vice president of government operations and strategy at Raytheon, a military contractor. The deputy defense secretary traditionally supervises hiring such contractors.

During his presidential campaign, Mr. Obama promised that no lobbyist would work in an area related to that field for at least two years after that association.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/01/obamas-pick-for.html

obama is a proven liar, probably why the libs love him so much

Let me put on my Yurt shoes for a moment.

Did you say that about Bush after we invaded Iraq? Didn't think so.

Party over country. Hypocrite.

Oh...it's great that you're giving Obama a chance, as you said you would. What was that...a week?

Not even.

Oh...it's great that you're giving Obama a chance, as you said you would. What was that...a week?

Not even.

So now Obama supporters have to point out what Pres Bush may or may not have said/done to get away from Pres Obama breaking a campisgn promise?

Is this the change we were all promised? Seems like the same old same old

So now Obama supporters have to point out what Pres Bush may or may not have said/done to get away from Pres Obama breaking a campisgn promise?

Is this the change we were all promised? Seems like the same old same old

As I said, I was putting on my Yurt shoes. Because that's generally all he writes.

The "is this the change" line is a real GOP talking point right now. You want change? Look at what Obama did in his 1st week, and watch what he does next week.

It's change, baby.

As I said, I was putting on my Yurt shoes. Because that's generally all he writes.

The "is this the change" line is a real GOP talking point right now. You want change? Look at what Obama did in his 1st week, and watch what he does next week.

It's change, baby.

and what might that be?

Gitomo MIGHT be closed within a year - yet Obama does not have a cluse where to put the terrorists

The trillion dollar spending bill is mostly pork - and about 80% will not be spent until the end of 2010

Anything else?

It's change, baby.

Amen!

gitmo, torture, overseas abortions... there are LOTS of things changing!

Amen!

Are you ignoring the previous post? Where will the terrorists be kept without Gitmo

What is torture - besides listening to your "sermons"?

Yes, more of the unborn will be murdered - but why is that change when libs are in power?

It's change, baby.

stop trying to fill my shoes, you can't. envy is bad, try being your own person....

Not even.

did obama promise to NOT vote for FISA? yes or no

Amen!

Does anybody but me realize that the Gitmo Detention Center is simply the most public of places that any such activity has taken place and therefore it's closure will not effect much?

Seriously. It's cosmetic. All problems with Gitmo could be fixed without its closure. Add some phones, give it more openness. Make trials more public but still protect classified information. All of that could be done without closure.

Also, closure of the detention center will not close the base. It seems like many people are confusing the two.

Does anybody but me realize that the Gitmo Detention Center is simply the most public of places that any such activity has taken place and therefore it's closure will not effect much?

Seriously. It's cosmetic. All problems with Gitmo could be fixed without its closure. Add some phones, give it more openness. Make trials more public but still protect classified information. All of that could be done without closure.

Also, closure of the detention center will not close the base. It seems like many people are confusing the two.

Whoops, I was confusing the two. I seriously thought calls to close Gitmo were meant to close the base... Well, that's a relief, because it would be a retarded reason to close the base.

Back