President Obama, illegal immigration and prosecutorial discression

anatta

100% recycled karma
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1695961608001/president-obama-illegal-immigration-and-the-law

O'Reilly claims "just because you can'ty get it (DREAM act/Immigration reform) thru Congress , he can't "usurp the powers."
He's basically claiming POTUS has no right to use "discression for a group of ppl -only individual " (prosecutorial??) discression.

Video (^link) shows his political take ( boring/banal) . He does agree it's a "nobel" act, through transparently political.
Rove and the gang were on - enough for me. same argumnet, tune out.

My take: Congress abdigates, and the Executive will absorb (not "usurp" -nothing to usurp, as Congres is not asserting) Congressional powers.
We're pretty much a Unitary presidency, thanks to Congressional abandonment of action.
I've heard enough, I hate to see gridlock, but the nation has to move, and this was impacting 800.000 US lives.

If ever executive action was called for this is it -not war powers. This is internal, and effects millions of ppls families.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1695961608001/president-obama-illegal-immigration-and-the-law

O'Reilly claims "just because you can'ty get it (DREAM act/Immigration reform) thru Congress , he can't "usurp the powers."
He's basically claiming POTUS has no right to use "discression for a group of ppl -only individual " (prosecutorial??) discression.

Video (^link) shows his political take ( boring/banal) . He does agree it's a "nobel" act, through transparently political.
Rove and the gang were on - enough for me. same argumnet, tune out.

My take: Congress abdigates, and the Executive will absorb (not "usurp" -nothing to usurp, as Congres is not asserting) Congressional powers.
We're pretty much a Unitary presidency, thanks to Congressional abandonment of action.
I've heard enough, I hate to see gridlock, but the nation has to move, and this was impacting 800.000 US lives.

If ever executive action was called for this is it -not war powers. This is internal, and effects millions of ppls families.

Too bad he didn't have the balls to do this much earlier on a variety of issues.

Now it just looks like politics and begging for votes .. which it is.

Too bad he didn't have the balls to do this much earlier on a variety of issues.

Now it just looks like politics and begging for votes .. which it is.
Obama is out for obama, he'll gladly dump his blue dogs, AFTER he get's their votes.

Meh. Like I care about partisianship. I simply despise him for being more Bushlike then even Bush himself - he's the one dragging us into perpetual war.
fuck him, better yet forget his sorry ass.

What's happening with GREENS? I'm thinking of Gary Johnson - for the quality of the man, even if he's a libertarian.

Obama is out for obama, he'll gladly dump his blue dogs, AFTER he get's their votes.

Meh. Like I care about partisianship. I simply despise him for being more Bushlike then even Bush himself - he's the one dragging us into perpetual war.

What's happening with GREENS? I'm thinking of Gary Johnson - for the quality of the man, even if he's a libertarian.

I feel this way about most politicians these days. They all seem to be out for themselves.

Libertarianism is the way. We would all do well to follow the path.

Libertarianism is the way. We would all do well to follow the path.
It's a bit Darwinian for my tastes -though I understand the idea. Balance is always the key, and libertarianism is a reaction to the demise of Federeralism,
or "limited gov't" ( in the true sense - not today's Republican party)

If the FREAKING damn Fed's would stop co-opting more and more powers; i'd be fine with liberalism.
Somewhere , somebody got the idea, that increasing Fed'l powers is ALWAYS good. It's not. It's not how the Constitution was designed ( see 10th Amendment).

Back