President Steph Curry?

cawacko

Like most who go into politics (or contemplate it) he wants to 'make a difference'. The great Steph has name recognition and likeability to his advantage. If it's the Senate could be in California or North Carolina.

Stephen Curry hints at future in politics, maybe even president

Stephen Curry is contemplating a potential entry into politics, even hinting at the possibility of a future presidential run.

During an interview on “CBS This Morning” while promoting his new children’s book, “I Am Extraordinary,” on Tuesday, the Golden State Warriors star responded to a question about entering politics and making a run for the White House after retiring from basketball.

“Maybe,” Curry, who turns 36 Thursday, told CBS News national correspondent Jericka Duncan.

“I have an interest in leveraging every part of my influence for good in the way that I can so if that’s the way to do it,” Curry clarified. “I’m not going to say the presidency but if politics is a way that you can create meaningful change or if there’s another way outside of politics.”

When pressed by Duncan, Curry conceded he is not entirely ruling out the idea of running for president. However, he laughed away the notion of a 2028 candidacy, saying, “Not that soon.”

In a separate interview with Inc. magazine, the 10-time NBA All-Star and four-time champion and his wife, Ayesha, discussed the prospect of building affordable housing in the Bay Area, without providing a location or timeline.

“They’re planning to launch a line of children’s products later this year,” Tom Foster, editor at large, wrote in the article. “They’re talking about building affordable housing in the Bay Area one day.”

Last year, the couple opposed a multifamily townhouse development near their $30 million home in Atherton, citing privacy concerns.

“We hesitate to add to the ‘not in our backyard’ (literally) rhetoric,” the couple wrote in a letter to city officials at that time. “Safety and privacy for us and our kids continues to be our top priority and one of the biggest reasons we chose Atherton as home.”

Despite ongoing injuries, Curry has reiterated his commitment to the Golden State Warriors, emphasizing that he has no immediate plans to retire.

Off the court, he remains active in the Oakland-based charitable foundation organization Eat. Learn. Play. with his wife, supporting public schools. The couple, who also represent No Kid Hungry, recently announced they are expecting their fourth child.

If he does decide to run for president, Curry will at least be familiar with the digs.

The Warriors celebrated their 2015 NBA championship at the White House with President Barack Obama and returned after clinching the 2022 title to visit with President Joe Biden. (The team passed on going to the White House during Donald Trump’s time in office after its 2017 and 2018 championships.)

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/stephen-curry-politics-president-housing-18975994.php

Last edited:
Why not, Trump did it, politics is just as much entertainment today as anything else, and if you can sell melodrama, you got a shot

Why not, Trump did it, politics is just as much entertainment today as anything else, and if you can sell melodrama, you got a shot

I have zero issue with it (and Trump is far from the first with a background in entertainment to get into politics). Name recognition and fame can certainly open doors but ultimately you have to connect with voters regardless of your background. And Steph has the ability to connect with people.

Back