Project 2025 spells out second Trump term in alarming detail. That is no stretch

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
You may have heard about “Project 2025,” a comprehensive set of proposals from a conservative Washington think-tank outlining the first 180 days of a second Donald Trump presidency should he defeat President Joe Biden in November.

But have you read the behemoth plan? If you haven't, you really should. I read most of the 922-page document, and honestly, it scares me.

I can confidently say that if put into effect, it has the potential to cause immense harm to minority communities, women of childbearing age, undocumented immigrants, public education, diversity, equity and inclusion programs, unions, and the LGBTQ community.

I started reading Project 2025 about three months ago after my 20-year-old daughter told me about it. She called Project 2025 “depressing,” among a few other harsh words I can’t use here, but I think you get my point.

The document, which was first published last year, is gaining attention for two reasons. First, the upcoming election, with President Joe Biden and Donald Trump in a virtual tie. Second, the Heritage Foundation, a significant sponsor of the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee this week, developed the project and is pushing for its implementation.
On Monday, the foundation gathered with RNC delegates and conservative luminaries at the home of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra for a "policy fest" to discuss Project 2025, among other things, and celebrate the news that Ohio Senator J.D. Vance was named Trump's running mate.

According to the Associated Press, Heritage President Kevin Roberts said he’s “good friends” with Vance and that the foundation had been privately rooting for him to be the VP pick. Vance, Roberts said, recognizes that “we have a limited time to pursue policy.”

Dangers of Project 2025 highlighted at 2024 BET Awards​

It's crucial that we all understand the implications of Project 2025 and why voting is imperative in these times. Actress Taraji P. Henson, who hosted the 2024 BET Awards on June 30, used the platform to warn the mostly Black viewers about the far-reaching plan.

“They are trying to bring the draft back. Who do you think they’re going to draft first?... Did you know that it is now a crime to be homeless? Pay attention. It’s not a secret. Look it up. They are attacking our most vulnerable citizens,” she said. "I'm not trying to scare us, I'm trying to inform us. I'm talking to the mad people who don't want to vote. You're gonna be mad about a lot of things if you don't vote."

Henson’s opinion, which I respect, is just one of many voices. I wondered if people were just blowing things out of proportion. After all, it is a political season and things can often be stretched and exaggerated.

For example, last week Biden took to the social media platform X to warn voters about Project 2025. In the five-second clip, Biden decked out in shades, points to the camera and says, "Project 2025 will destroy America. Look it up." In another interview, he called it “the biggest attack on our system of government, our personal freedoms, that has ever been proposed in the history of this country.”

Meanwhile, I continued reading the document and interviewed historians I respect to gauge their views.

Those whom I spoke to referred to the document — which aims to reduce the size of federal agencies, ban abortion drugs, and overhaul popular programs like the Affordable Care Act — as "alarming." One claimed that if Trump is re-elected and implements Project 2025, it would grant him unprecedented and potentially dangerous powers unlike any occupant of the White House in American history.

Roberts, the leader of the Heritage Foundation, believes that Republicans are in the process of reclaiming the country. On Steve Bannon's podcast earlier this month, Roberts said America is is in the midst of a “second American Revolution” that will be bloodless “if the left allows it to be.”

My question is, reclaim it from whom? The American citizens who contribute to the tapestry that makes our nation a place others long to live in?

It certainly is no "stretch." It is a rending of the fabric of the universe by the radical Left trying to portray Project 2025 as the end of civilization and even the planet.

“They are trying to bring the draft back. Who do you think they’re going to draft first?... Did you know that it is now a crime to be homeless? Pay attention. It’s not a secret. Look it up. They are attacking our most vulnerable citizens,” she said. "I'm not trying to scare us, I'm trying to inform us. I'm talking to the mad people who don't want to vote. You're gonna be mad about a lot of things if you don't vote."
No doubt they will be filling private prisons again.

No doubt they will be filling private prisons again.
well Trump has said he will be going after the left leaning media and shutting them down , taking away peoples first Amendment rights.
then he says take their guns away and we will deal with due process later, well who decides when later comes?
does later ever come?
it is like tomorrow that never comes?
and that is taking away peoples second Amendment rights.
and the Right is okay with all this.
and all that is also spelled out in the 2025 project.
and IF you have read it you should realize it doesn't say where to stop, when they and Trump are done taking away left leaning peoples Constitutional rights what says they don't turn on the right and take their rights away too?
people on the right had better watch out what they wish for, once they get it and it turns on them it will be way too late.
it is time to wake up people
Have a nice day

Back