Protectionists Should be Cheering

Timshel

The trade deficit is at its lowest point in 8 years and added the most to "growth" since 1980. Why aren't the protectionists telling us this is a great thing and proof that our economy is getting stronger?

Other factors. Don't be an idiot.

Weak. What are they? If those other factors are key then why do you apparently dismiss them when the trade deficit is up?

Every time our trade deficit decreases we are headed for trouble, as we were eight years ago and in 1980.

The trade deficit is an economic negative, but the problem doesn't compound itself over time like protectionists seem to believe. And to have the government interven with tariffs to "solve" the problem of the deficit would cut growth by more than the deficit itself.

The trade deficit is an economic negative, but the problem doesn't compound itself over time like protectionists seem to believe. And to have the government interven with tariffs to "solve" the problem of the deficit would cut growth by more than the deficit itself.

blah blah blah. Protectionists believe that market forces need to be balanced with OTHER considerations in mind besides the corporate bottom line, and if market protection measures are deemed part of a remedy, they shouldn't be deemed off limits due to some obnoxious nihilistic internationalist fascist propaganda.

Weak. What are they? If those other factors are key then why do you apparently dismiss them when the trade deficit is up?

Every time our trade deficit decreases we are headed for trouble, as we were eight years ago and in 1980.

You have no argument in the first place. Was this economic dip caused by implementation of protectionist policies? Fuck no. It was because of a collapse in the housing market and energy prices skyrocketing. so eat shit and die, confabulator. You're a demented clueless hack.

You have no argument in the first place. Was this economic dip caused by implementation of protectionist policies? Fuck no. It was because of a collapse in the housing market and energy prices skyrocketing. so eat shit and die, confabulator. You're a demented clueless hack.

I have not attempted to make much of an argument yet. I asked a question that you have evaded.

blah blah blah. Protectionists believe that market forces need to be balanced with OTHER considerations in mind besides the corporate bottom line, and if market protection measures are deemed part of a remedy, they shouldn't be deemed off limits due to some obnoxious nihilistic internationalist fascist propaganda.

I believe that other forces need to be considered along with the corporate bottom line too, and that's one reason I don't support measures that would raise consumer prices and steal jobs.

Back