prurient interest in

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
does anybody know what happened to mccains first wife?

the one he had before he went to nam

there seems to be no record even though she was a model

just curious

At first I had an urge to say something crude like, "What happened to your moms... There seems to be no record!" but then I thought. Why not see what I can find?

In his divorce decree he agreed to pay her medical bills for life and gave her properties in Florida and in Virginia. They had been estranged for some time due to her actions while he was a POW (not usually spoken about, don't know what they were) then his actions when he returned home (cheating).

That's about all I could find. He did meet Cindy at that time, but the two were already separated when he did.

He ditched her for a hottie 20yrs younger and just so happened she had billions more. No wonder she got hooked on drugs.

Yea the story is pretty tightly controled.

I know she was hurt bad in a care accident but other than that you cant find much. Where did you find the other info Damo?

It was just a McCain bio site. It was the attorney that handled the divorce that spoke of her "actions while he was in VN as a POW" that caused some of his actions when he returned.

It was a "it kind of fell apart because of that time, it was neither of their faults" type of statement from the attorney. He spoke of the settlement where McCain gave her the properties and agreed to pay her medical bills for life, and for the kids. It also mentioned that she didn't bother to show up for the divorce and the judge just had to do the settlement without her input.

It sounds like there was a strain because she may have played a bit while he was a POW. But nobody talks about her action, just that there was something she did while he as a POW.

Back