Put the starving children money in the Iraq war funding bill

uscitizen

Villified User
Bush calls for approval of $770 million in food aid

May 1, 7:26 PM (ET)

By JENNIFER LOVEN

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush urged Congress Thursday to approve $770 million to help alleviate dramatically escalating food prices that threaten widespread hunger and increasing social unrest around the world.

In a surprise midafternoon appearance at the White House, Bush announced he is asking lawmakers to approve the additional funds for global food aid and development programs. The money - to be directed primarily at needy African nations - is being included in a broader $70 billion Iraq war funding measure for 2009 that the White House sent to Capitol Hill on Thursday.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080501/D90D54HO4.html

By JENNIFER LOVEN

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush urged Congress Thursday to approve $770 million to help alleviate dramatically escalating food prices that threaten widespread hunger and increasing social unrest around the world.

In a surprise midafternoon appearance at the White House, Bush announced he is asking lawmakers to approve the additional funds for global food aid and development programs. The money - to be directed primarily at needy African nations - is being included in a broader $70 billion Iraq war funding measure for 2009 that the White House sent to Capitol Hill on Thursday.

A good first step. Now how about ending the subsidies, which are driving up prices?

So now anyone against funding the Iraq war can be spun as against feeding starving children ?
Kind of a pork or earmark tactic to me.

If congress was going to defund the war in Iraq they would have done so long ago. In which case may as well save time and money pushing one bill through instead of two.

God I hate politics. I'm with US now, just hang em. We can form a new government from the proletariat and have a hippie commie US society.

Do you think the Iraq package would fail without this?

(And if you say "yes", then it is MY turn to go "sure, sure....");)

Oh Sir, you have donated everything to this country. There is a fellow Vet on this board to whom we all owe our respect for his service and god bless him. He goes by uscitizen.

He is also the person who posts the most on this board. He also posts the most left-wing talking points while claiming not to be partisan. On the streets he is known as a hack.

Respect you Good Luck and welcome to the board Sir.

Oh Sir, you have donated everything to this country. There is a fellow Vet on this board to whom we all owe our respect for his service and god bless him. He goes by uscitizen.

He is also the person who posts the most on this board. He also posts the most left-wing talking points while claiming not to be partisan. On the streets he is known as a hack.

My man is LIT!

Weak attempt at bein clever there wacko :clink:

You ready to have you ass back now ?

By JENNIFER LOVEN

Hey, I posted an article a while back about how "free maket" crapola, forced on some african nation by the world bank, destroyed their agricultural sector. Leave it to some milton friedman bozos to experiment with their loony academic theories, in places that aren't well suited for it.

Back