Putin's Kharkiv offensive has stalled

Cypress

US says Russia’s advance on Kharkiv is ‘all but over'

The White House said Friday that Russia’s offensive in Ukraine’s northeastern Kharkiv region has stalled and is unlikely to advance any further.

John Kirby, the White House national security spokesperson, said the arrival of U.S. weapons has helped change the trajectory of the battle around Kharkiv, which Russian forces mounted a major attack on around the middle of May.

“They have been able to thwart Russian advances, particularly around Kharkiv,” Kirby said. “The Russians really have kind of stalled out up there [and] … their advance on Kharkiv is all but over because they ran into the first line of defenses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and basically stopped, if not pulled back, some units.”

^^^ Predicted the West would collapse in 2023, and predicted in 2022 that Putin would not invade Ukraine
You continue to lie about what I said, I even took the time to collect some of my quotes that proved you wrong.

At this point you are simply lying about what I said.

This is a war between the dying collective West and China Bloc...and the West gets weaker and more desperate by the day. Russia does not want Ukraine land other than the Russian speaking zones to include Odessa, and they would rather get them after Ukraine unconditionally surrenders.....the Russians want to spend as few lives as possible to accomplish the mission.

You continue to lie about what I said, I even took the time to collect some of my quotes that proved you wrong.

At this point you are simply lying about what I said.
No you didn't.

I gave you the post where you claimed Biden and Blinken were lying about Russia preparing to invade Ukraine. Biden was right. You were wrong.

You didn't post the West collapsing video as a mere courtesy to the board. You posted it because you agreed with the premise that the West would collapse before January 2024.

Moral of the story: you have made some of the worst predictions in JPP history.

No you didn't.

I gave you the post where you claimed Biden and Blinken were lying about Russia preparing to invade Ukraine.

You didn't post the West collapsing video as a mere courtesy to the board. You posted it because you agreed with the premise that the West would collapse before January 2024.

Moral of the story: you have made some of the worst predictions in JPP history.
I am not going to spend anymore time on this lie of yours, I have dealt with it several times already.

US says Russia’s advance on Kharkiv is ‘all but over'

The White House said Friday that Russia’s offensive in Ukraine’s northeastern Kharkiv region has stalled and is unlikely to advance any further.

John Kirby, the White House national security spokesperson, said the arrival of U.S. weapons has helped change the trajectory of the battle around Kharkiv, which Russian forces mounted a major attack on around the middle of May.

“They have been able to thwart Russian advances, particularly around Kharkiv,” Kirby said. “The Russians really have kind of stalled out up there [and] … their advance on Kharkiv is all but over because they ran into the first line of defenses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and basically stopped, if not pulled back, some units.”

Russia made rather large gains while House Republicans were shilling for Putin. They continue to destroy Ukraine's power grid, and when the paltry amount of weaponry is gone Russia will once again operate freely. Ukraine's men have grown tired of fighting, and are actively trying to flee the country. Hard to blame them, as there is no plan to fight back on Russian soil.

Russia has decided to wait this out. Putin has absolute power over his starving citizens, so no matter how bad his economy gets he has no worries about being ousted.

Given India/China's thirst for Russian oil, Putin will have plenty of money to acquire weapons from N. Korea and Iran.

If we keep playing defense, this war will continue until Ukraine becomes part of Russia. Time to shit or get off the pot.

Some people will believe anything.

In a universe where stupid hurts.
For instance, I believed that Russia would win the war in two weeks. As it turned out, Russia was much weaker than any of us thought.

Now Russia can only advance when the Ukrainians are forced to give up territory to conserve shells. So without Republicans working hard on their side, Russia is in bad shape.

Russia made rather large gains while House Republicans were shilling for Putin. They continue to destroy Ukraine's power grid, and when the paltry amount of weaponry is gone Russia will once again operate freely. Ukraine's men have grown tired of fighting, and are actively trying to flee the country. Hard to blame them, as there is no plan to fight back on Russian soil.

Russia has decided to wait this out. Putin has absolute power over his starving citizens, so no matter how bad his economy gets he has no worries about being ousted.

Given India/China's thirst for Russian oil, Putin will have plenty of money to acquire weapons from N. Korea and Iran.

If we keep playing defense, this war will continue until Ukraine becomes part of Russia. Time to shit or get off the pot.
Putin's business model is clearly to hope for a Trump presidency and the ending of substantial American military aid to Ukraine.

Ukrainian Infantry Counterattacks Grind Forward on Northern Kharkiv Battlefield

Assaulting Ukrainian infantry teams backed by swarms of domestically manufactured drones are retaking ground from Russian forces in the northern Kharkiv sector. Both sides are reporting that Kyiv’s fighting men have established a marked artillery firepower advantage over Moscow’s troops, for the first time in months.

The Ukrainian gains according to field reports are in built-up areas of the town of Vovchansk and the village of Hlyboke, both sites of major Russian offensives launched since early May. Kyiv’s forces have scored modest but confirmed advances at both locations, the US-based Institute for the Study of War think tank reported on June 25.

News feeds from units in all those sectors had reported modest Ukrainian advances since mid-June in Vovchansk and the villages of Lyptsi, Hlyboke and Tykhe. In some cases, the seizure of Russian defensive positions were confirmed by video and prisoners of war interviews published by open sources.

The pro-Moscow military blogger Aleksander Sladkov on Monday told his 900,000 followers that Russian forces fighting in the Vovchansk/Liptsy sector have lost the initiative and were struggling to hold ground captured in May. He said that Kyiv has deployed elite assault units to the Kharkiv sector and was reinforcing them constantly.

“Our artillery gunners have learned that for every shell that we [Russian forces] fire, the enemy [Ukraine] answers with twenty rounds from its side. The intensity of operations of enemy artillery has spiked dramatically.

Pentagon deliveries to Kyiv that resumed in May and June have prioritized artillery shells, particularly in the critical NATO-standard 155mm caliber. The newly received Ukrainian firepower seems to have put an end to the Russian offensive in the Kharkiv sector, Russian “military correspondent” Aleksandr Kots said in a June 25 video posted on his Telegram channel.

Back