Putting your money where your mouth is

it was huge when Barrett did this in California. All those .50s that police departments bought could no longer get them serviced. his business got quite a boost from that from gun owners in other states.

That is the free market baby. I love it. You statists don't.

Why do you want the gobblement to be better armed than you?

Right...the free market.

LOL...Any manufacturer who deliberately refuses to sell to a potential client based solely on the client's political leanings, they are limiting their own market share out of spite...and that is just not good business.

Right...the free market.

LOL...Any manufacturer who deliberately refuses to sell to a potential client based solely on the client's political leanings, they are limiting their own market share out of spite...and that is just not good business.

But it is free market.

Right...the free market.

Yeah, ask S&W about that. They backed Clintons gun policy and went bankrupt in 2 years. A metric fuck-ton of gun owners STILL won't buy a Ruger because of the old owner (who has been dead for about a decade). They just INCREASED their potential buyers because the pro-freedom community supports those who support them.

Right...the free market.

Maybe it is maybe it isn't. But, it is the free market, which you obviously do not like

[h=3][/h]
S & W K-22.

In March 2000 Smith & Wesson was the only major gun manufacturer to sign an agreement with the Clinton Administration.[SUP][6][/SUP] The company agreed to numerous safety and design standards as well as limits on the sale and distribution of its products. Gun clubs and gun rights groups responded to this agreement by initiating large-scale boycotts of Smith & Wesson by refusing to buy their new products and flooding the firearms market with used S&W guns.[SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] After a 40% sales slide,[SUP][9][/SUP] the sales impact from the boycotts led Smith & Wesson to suspend manufacturing at two plants.[SUP][10][/SUP] The success of the boycott led to a Federal Trade Commission antitrust investigation's being initiated under the Clinton administration,[SUP][8][/SUP] targeting gun dealers and gun rights groups, which was subsequently dropped in 2003.[SUP][11][/SUP] This agreement signed by Tomkins PLC ended with the sale of Smith & Wesson to the Saf-T-Hammer Corporation. The new company (Smith and Wesson Holding Corporation), which publicly renounced the agreement, was received positively by the firearms community.[SUP][12][/SUP]
[h=3]Acquisition by Saf-T-Hammer[/h] On 11 May 2001, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation acquired Smith & Wesson Corp. from Tomkins PLC for US$15 million, a fraction of the US$112 million originally paid by Tomkins. Saf-T-Hammer assumed US$30 million in debt, bringing the total purchase price to US$45 million.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP][14][/SUP] Saf-T-Hammer, a manufacturer of gun locks and other firearms safety products, purchased the company with the intention of incorporating its line of security products into all Smith & Wesson firearms in compliance with the 2000 agreement.
The acquisition of Smith & Wesson was chiefly brokered by Saf-T-Hammer President Bob Scott, who had left Smith & Wesson in 1999 because of a disagreement with Tomkins’ policies. After the purchase, Scott became the president of Smith & Wesson to guide the 157-year-old company back to its former standing in the market.[SUP][9][/SUP]
On 15 February 2002, the name of the newly formed entity was changed to Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson#Agreement_of_2000

That's SMITH AND FUCKING WESSON. You think smaller set ups can afford a hit like that? You deal with the government, we won't deal with you.

Right...the free market.

I could make a book called Zappaisms with all the stupid shit you say on here. You think that the gun manufacturer is doing this based on political leanings? how dumb are you? the government is the one limiting the market share by prohibiting a very sizable portion of the population from participating in that market share.

I could make a book called Zappaisms with all the stupid shit you say on here. You think that the gun manufacturer is doing this based on political leanings? how dumb are you? the government is the one limiting the market share by prohibiting a very sizable portion of the population from participating in that market share.

From the Olympic Arms press release...the first one you come when you scroll down in the OP link:

"We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York".

The Government had nothing to do with each company's refusal to sell to police...the statements from the gun manufacturers prove as much.

Y-E-S...they made their decision based on the political leanings of the NY state legislature.

I understand admitting I am right makes you uncomfortable, but your constant need to belittle my points makes you look less and less like a civilized poster and more and more like ButtHurtYurt.

From the Olympic Arms press release...the first one you come when you scroll down in the OP link:

"We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York".

The Government had nothing to do with each company's refusal to sell to police...the statements from the gun manufacturers prove as much.

Y-E-S...they made their decision based on the political leanings of the NY state legislature.

I understand admitting I am right makes you uncomfortable, but your constant need to belittle my points makes you look less and less like a civilized poster and more and more like ButtHurtYurt.
disguising your ignorance as spin is cute, but still makes you an idiot.....and wrong.

Back