Question about the Israel Hamas conflict

Yakuda

Verified User
So this question arises from the discussions about the recent Hamas massacre of innocent Israelis. Some people are very unhappy about Israel's response and have taken to blaming the victim. The question for everyone but I'm especially interesting in hearing from those upset with Israel, what do you think should have been Israel's response to the action of Hamas?

So this question arises from the discussions about the recent Hamas massacre of innocent Israelis. Some people are very unhappy about Israel's response and have taken to blaming the victim. The question for everyone but I'm especially interesting in hearing from those upset with Israel, what do you think should have been Israel's response to the action of Hamas?

What it is possibly with even more violence. Most of the hand wringing on the Left about Israel beating the snot out of Hamas comes in one of two forms:

Some insane, idiotic, belief that it isn't "fair." Unlike say a boxing or wrestling match where the opponents are matched by weight, height, etc., war isn't like that. In a war you should strive to be so goddamned vicious and overpowering that you can take out your opponent with minimal losses. Think, in this case, a 90 lbs. weakling sucker punching an MMA champion fighter. The result after that single punch is the MMA guy pounds the weakling into a puddle on the floor. The Left thinks that's unfair. The Left are idiots.

The other scenario is the Left wants Israel destroyed and gone. Here too, they can see they're not going to get what they want and with Hamas gone it'll only be harder for them to achieve what they want. So, they are calling for a ceasefire, ending the violence, etc., so Hamas can recover and go yet another round down the road.

What it is possibly with even more violence. Most of the hand wringing on the Left about Israel beating the snot out of Hamas comes in one of two forms:

Some insane, idiotic, belief that it isn't "fair." Unlike say a boxing or wrestling match where the opponents are matched by weight, height, etc., war isn't like that. In a war you should strive to be so goddamned vicious and overpowering that you can take out your opponent with minimal losses. Think, in this case, a 90 lbs. weakling sucker punching an MMA champion fighter. The result after that single punch is the MMA guy pounds the weakling into a puddle on the floor. The Left thinks that's unfair. The Left are idiots.

The other scenario is the Left wants Israel destroyed and gone. Here too, they can see they're not going to get what they want and with Hamas gone it'll only be harder for them to achieve what they want. So, they are calling for a ceasefire, ending the violence, etc., so Hamas can recover and go yet another round down the road.

I tend to think it's more the latter than the former..

What I would really like to know is what they think Israel should have done or be doing right now in response. Regardless of why they don't like Israel's response I want to hear what response they think Israel should have had. They are too cowardly to admit they would love to see Israel and Jews eradicated.

Some people care about civilian casualties - some don't.

It's not idiotic to care about the people in Gaza.

I tend to think it's more the latter than the former..

What I would really like to know is what they think Israel should have done or be doing right now in response. Regardless of why they don't like Israel's response I want to hear what response they think Israel should have had. They are too cowardly to admit they would love to see Israel and Jews eradicated.

I don't know, but I do know from Bartender's response above to that my post that I am dead on accurate in my assessment.

Some people care about civilian casualties - some don't.

It's not idiotic to care about the people in Gaza.

I care about civilian casualties. Hamas clearly doesn't. In fact, they celebrate and encourage civilian casualties caused by their forces. Demanding Israel care, while not demanding the same of Hamas, is just one more absurd contradictory disjunct of the Left.

I care about civilian casualties. Hamas clearly doesn't. In fact, they celebrate and encourage civilian casualties caused by their forces. Demanding Israel care, while not demanding the same of Hamas, is just one more absurd contradictory disjunct of the Left.

Hamas are savage terrorists.

Civilized nations stand for something greater than that. We should never accept the idea of becoming them to beat them.

Fire the top ranks of the military and Mossad for gross failure to perform, and conduct diplomacy with the states in the region to include Turkey and Iran first getting a statement condemning the Hamas atrocities and then instituting the two state solution.

Instead they did exactly what Hamas expected them to do, putting the continued existence of Israel in grave doubt, having learned not one God Damn thing from Americas catastrophic response to 9/11.

Scott Ritter said that Israel should have invited HAMAS to sit down to talks, only HAMAS no proxies, and that they likely would have refused...thus proving that Israel holds the high ground.

One of the reasons Israel is now in so much trouble is that the Israeli Jews have now completely lost faith in their government to keep them safe...so they are leaving. Firing those who failed to keep them safe would have helped a lot, but nobody in power is even beginning to talk about that....just like in America there is zero accountability for failure to perform.

Funny, President Biden just sent two billion in aid to Israel, the Democrat Senate has been waiting on the GOP House to get their act together to add to that package, and now supposedly the Democrats hate Israel

So, Hamas attacked Israelis and killed a bunch. Israel was pissed off and attacked.....Palestine? That is OK to you rightys, but it is profoundly ignorant to the rest of the world. You could justify attacking Hamas , but not Palestine.

Funny, President Biden just sent two billion in aid to Israel, the Democrat Senate has been waiting on the GOP House to get their act together to add to that package, and now supposedly the Democrats hate Israel

are you or are you not telling Israel not to solve the problem?.....

So, Hamas attacked Israelis and killed a bunch. Israel was pissed off and attacked.....Palestine? That is OK to you rightys, but it is profoundly ignorant to the rest of the world. You could justify attacking Hamas , but not Palestine.

There is no Palestine. Hamas controls what you refer to as "Palestine" and they seek the annihilation of the Jews. As long as Hamas exist there will be no peace. If you dont like it take Candace Owens advice, "Life is tough. Get a helmet."

This is not difficult to understand. Hamas attacked Israeli people and killed many. Israel responded by attacking Palestine. Palestinians are being killed, their homes destroyed and they are without food and water. Palestine did not attack Israel. It appears they are using the incident to go after Palestinians. They have been abusing and mistreating Palestinians for many decades. Israel does not care about Palestinian's lives.
Israel said plainly that they were preparing to go after Hamas. But for 3 weeks, they have bombed Palestine.
It is not difficult to see the problem.

Back