Question - I about 'banning rom thread'?

McRocket

I noticed a huge drop in the number of people 'banned' from new threads?

Is there a particular reason for this?
A new rule I missed?
A trend?

I approve, btw.
Banning people from your thread, strikes me as pretty wimpy.
But - each to their own - it's their thread.

Anyone?

BTW - you are all banned from this thread.
;)

And BTW - once again...I fucked up the title of a new thread.
Shit!!!

A new rule I missed?
A trend?

I approve, btw.

Anyone?

;)

Shit!!!

A lot of chickenshit's that don't want an opposing view

Mostly because Legion is gone.

He was the most prolific thread banner,
especially since I Hate America rage-quit.

A new rule I missed?
A trend?

I approve, btw.

Anyone?

;)

Shit!!!

Thread banning is for pussies.

Thread banning is for pussies.

I actually really like the idea. There's only one other place I've seen that still in essence has thread banning, but it's not even a regular forum- it's the chess.com website. Every regular forum I've seen doesn't currently have this feature and I think it's a shame. I'm all for a lot of freedom of speech, but speaking to specific people is generally a privilege in the world, not a right. Thread banning is basically a way of adding a feature that's generally part of life into the online world.

I actually really like the idea. There's only one other place I've seen that still in essence has thread banning, but it's not even a regular forum- it's the chess.com website. Every regular forum I've seen doesn't currently have this feature and I think it's a shame. I'm all for a lot of freedom of speech, but speaking to specific people is generally a privilege in the world, not a right. Thread banning is basically a way of adding a feature that's generally part of life into the online world.

If there was someone so irritating, I didn't want them participating in a thread, like you, I'd just scroll by them. Thread banning to me, is indicative of the OP's inability to handle contradictions to their opinion. If one is that offended by another's point of view, they shouldn't have registered to be on a debate site. Differences of opinion is what it's all about.

If there was someone so irritating, I didn't want them participating in a thread, like you, I'd just scroll by them.

I think I should point out that I prefer seeing what people are saying in threads I participate in, but when it comes to some people, I'd rather they just not post in threads I'm in at all. Thread banning can make it so, at least in threads I start myself.

Thread banning to me, is indicative of the OP's inability to handle contradictions to their opinion. If one is that offended by another's point of view, they shouldn't have registered to be on a debate site. Differences of opinion is what it's all about.

Oh yes, I'm a huge fan of diverse opinions. There wouldn't be much to debate if we didn't have them, and I've found that they help realize some of the hubris in my own views at times. What I dislike is people who have decided to essentially harass via things like name calling. I can handle it if I have to, but if given the choice, I'd rather not have to bother with people who clearly have it in for me.

I just started using chess.com . trying to maybe resurrect my game..decent site

I just started using chess.com . trying to maybe resurrect my game..decent site

I did in fact start an account on chess.com to play chess. At first, I wasn't that serious about it and I thought I'd learn better if a cheated a little (admittedly, winning was nice too). I never got that high a rating and I stopped cheating after a bit. I then went on to become the Administrator of a club there, which I mainly used for contoverssial discussions, and I admitted that I'd cheated. Perhaps not the wisest plan, because at that point, I had political opponents. All I know is that not too long after, my account was removed. I was allowed to make a new account, but I lost control of my old club to what was essentially the vice Administrator. I think I've always liked discussions over chess anyway, so when that happened, playing the game just didn't feel the same anymore. I stopped playing not too long after that.

Back