Question: What the hell happened to the "spell check" feature when making a reply?

Ross Dolan

Contributor
Question: What the hell happened to the "spell check" feature when making a reply?

Seems to me that typos in responses were pointed highlighted so that you could correct them. Ain't here anymore.

Am I imagining that it used to be in operation? Or have I accidentally turned it off...and if so, how do I turn it back on?

Seems to me that typos in responses were pointed highlighted so that you could correct them. Ain't here anymore.

Am I imagining that it used to be in operation? Or have I accidentally turned it off...and if so, how do I turn it back on?

Spell check is just for people who make mistakes, Frank.
Italians shouldn't need to worry about it.

I think the spell check is a function of your browser, not JPP.
What OS and browser are you using?

Look up Grammarly, you should be able to download it for free to just about any browser. It's helped me with my commas.

I think the spell check is a function of your browser, not JPP.
What OS and browser are you using?

My spell check in my browser or in Word...works fine. I use Chrome. But when compsing a response in the Quote box, the spellcheck of the forum used to work. Now it doesn't. Not sure if this was just my imagination about the forum spell check or not.

Look up Grammarly, you should be able to download it for free to just about any browser. It's helped me with my commas.

Thanks, JD. My spell check works fine...as does my spellcheck in another forum where I participate. Just this one seems not to be working.

As I said, maybe it never did...and I was just imagining that I had spellcheck here.

Thanks, JD. My spell check works fine...as does my spellcheck in another forum where I participate. Just this one seems not to be working.

As I said, maybe it never did...and I was just imagining that I had spellcheck here.
It still works from what I can see when I'm on my Mac...when I use my phone, though, it's wacky...
Have a good day, Frank...(and I'm pretty sure the only group of people around here who actually get excoriated for typos doesn't include you...there is an actual list, you know....;))

It still works from what I can see when I'm on my Mac...when I use my phone, though, it's wacky...
Have a good day, Frank...(and I'm pretty sure the only group of people around here who actually get excoriated for typos doesn't include you...there is an actual list, you know....;))

Yes, I know. :innocent:

Good morning, all.

My spell check in my browser or in Word...works fine. I use Chrome. But when compsing a response in the Quote box, the spellcheck of the forum used to work. Now it doesn't. Not sure if this was just my imagination about the forum spell check or not.

I post here from my office computer, from my home PC and from my wife's laptop on the kitchen island.......spell checking on this site works differently on each computer......it is not controlled by vbulletin.....

Go to setting then time & language then typing. You'll see "Highlight misspelled words".

Win/I to open settings.

Not sure how many times I have to say this...BUT MY SPELLCHECK IS WORKING FINE FOR MY COMPUTER AND FOR OTHER FORUMS.

But in this forum, if I make a misspelling (which that might be)...it does not highlight.

I have already mentioned that three times.

The speling cheker in this foram dooes nott worck.

Back