Question

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Let's say all of the oil in the world dried up right now. Or the oil producing nations of the Earth all decided to blockade America.

Would you die?

would you be able to survive?:pke:

Personally, I'd eat grass and berries, and feed off of my vegetable garden.

I'm a vegetarian.

The hunters around my place might see things a little differently but within a week or so they probably would've killed off all the animals in southern Mississippi.

BTW, I'm not really a vegetarian.

Hmm property would get really cheap in the north. No heat in winter.
We do not have enough electricity to replace all the oil fired heating systems. And a fair bit of our electricity is petro fired.
We would need to prioritize fuel for farming and emergency services and such. Gas rationing coupons. No commercial airlines ? Of course it looks like they are dying out pretty fast from fuel costs now.

I could make it, have veggies, I can can them. eat cows and pigs and chickens. wood to burn for heat. Actually I have over a years worth of non perishable foodstuffs.
several bales of toilet paper, papertowells, etc. My own 10,000 gal cistern. and I should be able to make a still to make some alcohol to trade for other things.
then if the money goes bust I still have gold to trade with,

I just wish I had a good enough running stream to put a water wheel in for electric generaton. Need lots of solar panels. Still open on drilling an oil/gas well on my place...

I plan on having a green house by next winter. Yummy veggies all winter.

Let's say all of the oil in the world dried up right now. Or the oil producing nations of the Earth all decided to blockade America.

Would you die?

h2o

public transportation would get real popular, so would ethanol (to drink and use for fuel)

since i live in a rural area, weapons and ammunition a plenty we could make a fight of it and survive

ps we live on 5 acres and raise a lot of our own food - and i am an expert shot, but la is only about 100 miles away...

oh well

I'd be fine.

In a Mad-Max style America, with rampaging gangs roaming the land hunting for fuel and preying on the weak, i'm sure you would be just peachy.

However, not everyone is a motorcycling ninja like yourself. ;)

In a Mad-Max style America, with rampaging gangs roaming the land hunting for fuel and preying on the weak, i'm sure you would be just peachy.

However, not everyone is a motorcycling ninja like yourself. ;)
LOL. Who can grow popcorn... :D

It's an interesting question.

I think people would be amazed at just how quickly we'd be able to develop another energy source that could be used on a mass scale.

I totally agree with Lorax, thankfully we don't have yet the Kennedy type commitment of going to the moon. $200 oil and $5 gallon gas might get us there.

Hmm property would get really cheap in the north. No heat in winter.
We do not have enough electricity to replace all the oil fired heating systems. And a fair bit of our electricity is petro fired.
We would need to prioritize fuel for farming and emergency services and such. Gas rationing coupons. No commercial airlines ? Of course it looks like they are dying out pretty fast from fuel costs now.

I could make it, have veggies, I can can them. eat cows and pigs and chickens. wood to burn for heat. Actually I have over a years worth of non perishable foodstuffs.
several bales of toilet paper, papertowells, etc. My own 10,000 gal cistern. and I should be able to make a still to make some alcohol to trade for other things.
then if the money goes bust I still have gold to trade with,

I just wish I had a good enough running stream to put a water wheel in for electric generaton. Need lots of solar panels. Still open on drilling an oil/gas well on my place...

I plan on having a green house by next winter. Yummy veggies all winter.

What good would gas rationing do?

A good chunk of our electric network would be down (oil plants would go down immediately, and we use gas to transport the coal to our coal plants). With that, goes the vital communications system we need to organize the post-oil world. Our transportation system relies completely on gasoline and diesel, so our food distribution network would be shot. I'm sure there would be people who have vast vegetable gardens and food stored up for a year, but honestly US, if your neighbors knew about it, and you didn't share, you would be raided and probably killed if you resisted. I know I don't have any food stores to think about.

Right now, we're in a human bubble. We're survivng completely on easy to extract energy that came from ancient sunlight. There's no way our current methods of extracting energy from current sunlight could meet the demand. And we rely heavily on that energy.

2006_CO2small.GIF

pop.gif

Look at those graphs. There's a very clear correlation between human population growth and CO2 emmissions.

Back